strut tower question

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
Do you know what mods we are talking about? I've found a nice greddy bar that does not look like it would interfere with TEMS. It's hard to find one for the MKIII that will work with TEMS and not look like a perch for a birdcage!

GrimJack;926196 said:
Generally they don't quite fit, but can be modified relatively easy. Several of the mk4 TRD units have been modded to fit the Mk3.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Divin' Devin;926204 said:
Do you know what mods we are talking about? I've found a nice greddy bar that does not look like it would interfere with TEMS. It's hard to find one for the MKIII that will work with TEMS and not look like a perch for a birdcage!
Sorry, I haven't modified one myself, this is knowledge gleaned from years of reading the forums / SOGI mailing list. I went out of my way to purchase a Mk3 specific Greddy unit when I bought one, because my welding / machining skills are sorely lacking.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i love the look of the mkivs i was disheartened when i found out it wouldnt fit on the mkiv N/A

i have seen several with the trd bar ( i think dr jonez was one im not sure as i remember emailing him back in 2004)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The MAIN reason they don't fit is the clearance over the engine.

FFIM solves that and it clears, same reason they don't work on the N/A MKIV's...

jcr2fast4u

7mlover
Jan 5, 2008
southern cali
GrimJack;926196 said:
Generally they don't quite fit, but can be modified relatively easy. Several of the mk4 TRD units have been modded to fit the Mk3.

yeah i heard also that the mk4's TRD strut can be cutomized to fit.plus they loook nice!