Strong fuel odor

Valverde

May 10, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
I have had that problem ever since I bought it from a friend of mine. I never did bother to fix till now. Really I am getting tired of smelling damn gasoline in my supra. As of right now it's not a daily driven supra only weekends. I know most standard symptom of a fault in the evaporative emissions system is a strong fuel odor in the engine compartment but its not from where I smell is inside of supra while driving. I checked out all fuel connections, lines and components in the fuel system they all seem O.K. Should I check out and test charcoal canister filter??

David Jr

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
My bet is that something is amiss in the charcoal canister area. The vents pull air from that area just below the windshield. The CC is very close to that area.

Valverde

May 10, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
I tested the charcoal canister I think the charcoal canister is bad and all clogged up. I shut pipe A (purge side) with my finger and blow my breath air through pipe B (fuel tank side) air should comes out of the bottom of pipe C freely without resistance but it doesn't. Vacuum hose routing for emissions control system showed that I am missing one hose from pipe A to BVSV for EVAP so I installed new hose. Where can I get reliable charcoal canister? I wouldnt trust getting charcoal canisters off supras at junkyards more likely clogged up C.C's.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around