stroker?????

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Mar 3, 2009
Indiana
correct me if im wrong... but I think with the stock bore/stroke... the engine is prrreeetttyyy close to the safe piston speed limit where things start to come apart when on the rev limiter... so increasing stroke would mean to keep things safe... a decrease in rev limit (I could be wrong on this... )

Personally... I dont think its worth it... and the money could be spent in better areas...

Just my opinion
-AcId-

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
Use the search button on here, theres a few threads where its explained very well
about why stroking the 7m isn't such a good idea.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Unless you're going for broke for a crazy car, money is better spent elsewhere...

It's not dangerous as if you're spending that much on the kit you're going to take the time to get everything balanced far better than a stock motor.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
dubsupra209;1512268 said:
3gs for 45 hps you could defiantly spend that money somewere else..

on a stock engine..

power should increase exponentially as you start modding..

compare a 1J and a 2J

edit:

After 4 months of Dyno Testing, our non-turbo DOHC motor produced 259 HP and 247lbs of torque. The Turbo produced 320HP and 315 lbs of Torque. Both figures were produced with only the Stroker Kit. As an option, much higher figures can be achieved with additional parts added to the engine.

not bad at all...

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
RazoE;1512281 said:
on a stock engine..

power should increase exponentially as you start modding..

compare a 1J and a 2J

edit:

not bad at all...

yea those are good #s..damn your everywere haha

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Poodles;1512276 said:
Unless you're going for broke for a crazy car, money is better spent elsewhere...

It's not dangerous as if you're spending that much on the kit you're going to take the time to get everything balanced far better than a stock motor.

+ much stronger pistons and rods that can take the extra stresses. And one of the biggest benefits to a stroker that has not been brought up yet is it will spool an enourmous turbo and make even more power doing it

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
The 7M is no where near max RPM at the stock limiter rpm.
When looking at the max piston accelleration (the point that the most shock is induced on the rods, piston and rings),
The stock 7M doesn't hit the accepted standard (140,000 ft/sec/sec) until 8350rpm.
So a stroked engine should live just fine at 7000.

Personally, I don't like the stroker idea on the 7M, and am destroking mine, because a 4-valve engine comes into it's own at higher rpm.
Example, the HKS MkIII drag car (a sub-8 second car back in the '90s) had a destroked crank, and turned into the 9k range.
I just wish I could find another of the short stroke cranks, so I could do it to my NA also.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
George - I will make you a de-stroke crank if you want one.

The malta dragster spins the 7m to nearly 10k rpm with out problems. A stoker crank can be of all different lenghts, so the max rpm of the stroker kit also depends on the lenght of the stroke. Can't lump all stroker kits into one pile. Ask Valadimir in the Ukraine how he liked his stroker kit..

To fix the oil shaft problem you just use a dry sump system. Problem solved.