Street racing movie with MK3 in it...

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
21 February 2008 (Germany) cant wait for the US release.... cough tor ent..... lol

SHEESH! How the hell did they get that MKIII to flip lol its a tank. Too bad it looks like crap with the top scoop but i'd still drive it.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Ok... just so I have this straight: Movies like the F&F have pushed illegal street racing into mainstream, to where every punk kid and his kia, civic, and and integra are out pounding pavement off stoplights whenever they think they can.

To the point where every traffic enforcement agency in every major city is cracking down on anything that even resembles street racing. It's easier to lose your car by being a bit hard on the clutch at a light than by blowing twice the legal alcohol limit. Because street racing is so broadly defined under the law, it is basically up to the officer's discretion whether he wants to ruin your driving history and insurance history, for a very long time.

And they're making more stupid movies about it?

Soon it'll be illegal to even look under the hood of a car, let alone modify it. The more attention street racing gets the more it'll be assumed by the general public that anything with a performance exhaust is driving around looking for a race, and the driver arrested and vehicle crushed before he can race and get someone killed.

Don't get me wrong, but doing a nice pull down an empty street against someone is all fun and games... but how about we avoid putting up large signs, buzzers, and sending out smoke signals, emails, advertisments, and various other forms of communication, that we're out there doing it. It's called keeping a low profile... and if "street racing" had done that, and continued to, there'd be no problem.

The car community as a whole should be shunning this bullshit. Sorry for the rant...

And wtf is that air scoop on that mkIII for?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
You seem to have ignored a simple fact. The people who make street racing films arent street racers, they are film makers. Anything that puts asses in the seats is fair game to them and while you and I know better and dont condone it, lets face it there is a HUGE market to tap to sell your movie to. As long as there are "ricer boys" out there, people will attempt to capitolize on it. Its a sad fact but unfotunately thats how shit works.

I do however agree that if we dont support it we are doing a small part to remove the enticment to make more movies like this. Good luck getting a huge movement to join you though.

just my .02

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
theWeezL;1014164 said:
You seem to have ignored a simple fact. The people who make street racing films arent street racers, they are film makers. Anything that puts asses in the seats is fair game to them and while you and I know better and dont condone it, lets face it there is a HUGE market to tap to sell your movie to. As long as there are "ricer boys" out there, people will attempt to capitolize on it. Its a sad fact but unfotunately thats how shit works.

I do however agree that if we dont support it we are doing a small part to remove the enticment to make more movies like this. Good luck getting a huge movement to join you though.

just my .02

QFT

Well said WeezL, whatever makes money, they'll film. I only serve to point out the idiocracy of it.