Strange things found while working on Supras.

LAYZORBEEMZ

JZX73 owner
Jun 28, 2009
Maple Ridge, B.C.
I found 45cents and screws that belong on the car somewhere. Nothing strange, but all those screws and change were in the "push to open" flippy thing behind the shifter, and I'm geussing because of the screws, that compartment is all oily, like motor oil oily. Also the center console behind the lumbar etc controls smells like old man cologne inside.... It's gross, makes my car seem 50 not 24.

Last edited:

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
haha this made me remember my honda days =)

when replacing my shifter in my GSR i found a cookie under the center dash =) it then sat up in the flat spot infront of my clock for over 8 months then it turned into dust one day when i touched it =)

nothing cool found in my supra =(

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
shit tons of cat hair. I have yet to pull the dash and carpet to get in there, as well as clean out the air vents...

I had the original jack in the fender well, and the original owners manual with first owner's information and who sold it, from 1988

Mind you this car had 229K miles on it and was through about 4+ owners when I bought it

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Not mine.
Might explain some of the 7M problems though.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Hmmm.. First soup found a screwdriver. Found an ipod shuffle in my celica. Nothing much in the current soup other than a gym membership car to some place on the other side of the united states haha.

Sl!ck

Oct 18, 2009
Texas
Nothing all that fun but I found a pcoekt knife sitting between the hood and windshield(even after driving it home when i bought it)

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
REALLLY old looking philips screwdriver and flat head screwdriver.. some change.. random screws and such.. speaker grill covers for unknown speakers.. (they were square).. ONE used leather glove.. eveerything seemed old as if no one has driven it since the early 90's

dusthead

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRRR
Aug 10, 2009
New London, CT
just picked up an 87 n/a auto parts car...during first inspection before i bought it i found a couple sockets in the engine bay, on the under panel...small but only the beginning for me lol...got my first supra about a month an half ago.

gamer565

Mar 8, 2008
KS
I was cleaning my newly acquired supra out and found a box of condoms under the driver seat...one was missing...

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Found some wasp nests in some mirrors I am prepping for paint. Imagine some of them flying out of the mirror and into the car at 40 MPH...

mirrors.jpg

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Satan;1484709 said:
Found some wasp nests in some mirrors I am prepping for paint. Imagine some of them flying out of the mirror and into the car at 40 MPH...

mirrors.jpg

NEGATIVE... they come out when you OPEN THE DOOR after the car has sat IDLE for awhile, and you first go to work on it again WITHOUT taking your wasp-killer RAID spray with.;)

Been there, done that... unfortunately, on a multiple time a season basis for several years. They ALWAYS come back and re-nest, and they also like the rear hatch lip area.

Yellow-jackets are a real BIATCH for sure!:icon_evil

-crisp

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
i found a lake in my spare tire well first time it rained after i bought the car, new tail light gaskets didnt stop the leak so mow i have some nice rust holes

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I took apart a 4a-ge one time and someone had replaced about half the shims with quarters.

Took it apart after I got it running because it had a very noisy valvetrain.... LOL