Strange steering issues

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
My supra seems to like to wander along the road. Sometimes i'll let go of the wheel and it'll pull right, and other times it'll pull left. If I dont constantly counter it's pull in different directions it'll wander every which way.

My dad was saying it could be control arm bushings and the control arm...he is having a similar problem in his M3 and has read about it for both cars. I'm wondering if this is most likely the issue, or if i'd there are other more likely problems

carfanatic89

May 21, 2008
Texas
something loose in the steering department. put it in the air and take a look underneath something should stand out that's not right.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
Take it to an alignment shop, they'll show you what's up. Most likely culprits as stated are: inner and/or outer tie rods, lower control arm bushings...gl.

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
One more question, if its the control arm/bushings, is there any difference between a control arm and a traction arm???

And where would I find an alignment shop? I know where to go to find a general auto shop etc, but not a specially alignment shop.

primercrx

Apr 19, 2009
Lexington, South Carolina
WaKonabi217;1346712 said:
One more question, if its the control arm/bushings, is there any difference between a control arm and a traction arm???

And where would I find an alignment shop? I know where to go to find a general auto shop etc, but not a specially alignment shop.

Most of your tire shops will have the equipment to do alignments and also may specialize in alignments. Your local phone book could probably be a resourceful tool if properly used.