Strange electrical issue

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
Hey guys so my supra is having a strange electrical issue..It drained my battery completely overnight. So I swapped to a spare battery that has enough juice to start the car and nothing. The car seemed like it had no power at all. I checked the voltage of the battery before dropping it in and it was sitting at 11.9. But when I connect the positive terminal and just touch the negative terminal to the battery, the voltage drops immediately to 2-3 volts. I've pulled nearly every fuse in the car and tested it many times but nothing. Is there a short happening? My battery doesn't look any different just is dead.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
AJ'S 88NA;1805611 said:
How old is the battery?

Has to be checked under load too make sure it's good.
Battery's only a month or so old.
jetjock;1805617 said:
So what's the strange part? One of us is confused...
What I'm confused is why the voltage goes straight down to 2-3 volts on contact. I can't even attempt to start my car. I know the battery is good too. I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong.

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
Yeah its kinda border line but I don't have my jumper cables yet. They are in my dads car. Once he gets home I'm gonna try jumping it

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
True. Well I got the car started. I waited for my dad to get home so I could use his jumper cables and jumped it with his car. I just need to find what's causing the drain. It drained my good battery pretty bad in a couple days.