str4

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
This guys around my house just got and srt4 and thinks his hot shit. Now i know my project supra will smoke him, but its currently not runing somy question is what do you guys think i will need to bet a prety stock srt4 with my daily supra?

87 supra turbo, auto:
upgrades:
3" down pipe with staigth 3" exausth no cat, stock turbo elbow:eek:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
adjustable fuel pressure regulator

also.. If you race him with just the mods you have now, expect to get punked I think. SRT4s are not slow cars. Is it stock? If so, you'll have a good chance.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
srts are decent.. you'll have a hard time keeping up with a stock turbo.. basic mods put the srts into high 100s fairly easily (105-108).. stock they go like 99-100 mph..

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
thanks guys:icon_razz

i actualy did race him already but hes just a bad driver cuz 4 out of 5 races i keep smoking him and i know srt4's are not slow. But i just want tobe ready for when he learns how to drive:naughty:

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
Nice job.... I disagree with most of you SRT4's are Ass slow stock....... BUT with basic mods they start getting quick Real fast.... i have a few friends with them and have driven them many times, I see most stock guys or with intake running 15's, however like i said my buddy has one with Mopar stage 2 and meth injection and ran 12.6.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
i dont think you should have a prob beating him with him being stock. back when i had my little 1ggte supra a buddy of mine had an srt4 and i raced him all the time and i would hang right beside him until the higher rpm's then my clutch would start slipping. so i dont see why you should have a problem beating him. i have one of our races on video but dont have a way to load it to the computer. and when i dynoed my car ionly had 189hp to the wheels.

mk3supraoz

Aug 2, 2006
So. Cal
Would this be enough to beat and mr2turbo (stock)......im tired of these punks looking down at my mk3. They dont get it that it is my daily driver:nono: . Whats even funnier no one whants to play when my project mk3 is taken out for a spin (ddp):naughty: To bad it will be down for a few months....on my way to making 400+whp:evil2: for now!

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
When my car was completely stock with a COMPLETE 3" turbo back, I beat an SRT-4 with a BOV and catback exhaust.

How?

Auto with stickies. :):):)

-Jeff

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
I know someone with a realy fast neon.. its not a srt4
p591482_1.jpg

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
You shouldn't have to worry too much about this SRT4, like everyone else said. For some reason, there was like a 4 month span that every time I drove the Supra anywhere, there would be at least one SRT somewhere along the way that would want to race because of that nice "turbo" emblem on the back of my car. Granted, they are quick little cars and whatnot, but most of the ones around here have absolutely horrible drivers. My Supra has absolutely no chance against an SRT4 with a decent driver, but I have beaten one or 2 with not so decent drivers..... and my car is mostly stock, lol.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
i did a pull against an srt4 @ 15 psi and i got beat. it was a fair race from 70-130, and he pulled me. although, i was starting to real him back in at the higher speeds, its harder to push a brick through air than a supra!

jorgen

(at the end he had me by 2.5 car lengths)

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
starscream5000 said:
What where your mods vs. his mods though?

he had a stock car but he said he had the boost turned up a couple pounds. we both had one rider with us, so passenger weight was pretty much even. i dont believe he was hiding anything from me, cause i know his passenger, and his exhaust was stock. my car had a 3" exhaust, but the last 2 bends were crimp bent, so the exhaust wasn't very good. i was pushing around 9 pounds, and i had an intake. i believe i had a small boost leak though...... he ended up running a high 13 that night. i think i could take him now.