stolen supra bad day....

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
so im just washing my hands after dropping the tranny in my supra when i hear the doorbell ring....i dry my hands off and start to walk to the door when theres a lound banging on it. i open it to find two cops in my front yard asking for justin, which is my name. i say yeah? they said there was a report of an 88 supra being stolen last night with a person that fit my description. im chubby with red hair. they ask me to open my garage. i walk around the house and open my garage. im in the middle of a rebuild so there are parts everywhere and a new motor on my engine stand ready to go in. they asked if they could search i said yeah as my stomach slammed the ground.

they were being ass holes asking why i had so many parts and where i got the new motor at. they also asked if i knew anyone with an 88 white turbo supra with cali plates and i said no. then, a member of our car club cruises by as im sitting on the ground while the pig searched. i was immediately reminded of my buddy kenny that had an 88 supra he just got from cali. they told me that they were told i was doing a rebuild and needed parts so i had to have stolen the car. then they said the victim "kenny" saw a red headed heavyset kid with braces,(which is what i look like) last night stealing a white supra on a car trailor with a new f-150.

my dad just got a new f=150 and we have a big trailer in the yard for fence installations for my dads company. so now im scared as hell because im fitting the description pretty well. but i begin to ask myself questions. if kenny saw my take his car, he would have to be close enough to see my braces which would mean 5-10ft. away. he would whoop someones ass if he saw that....and would have more than enough time to call the cops because to load a non running supra by myself into a trailor thats not made to carry cars would take a long time. they continued to harass me about the shitload of parts i had lying around. (cams/valve covers and other shit still to be installed on the motor). my supra looks pretty new considering the paintjob is fresh-like and they asked how long it took me to paint the car from white to red.......assholes.....incriminating questions ftl..... ...anyway i def didnt do it because we just got the trailer today and my dad was out of town with the truck. not to mention i was ripping a blow 7m outta my buddy's supra......sorry for the long post, just had to rant....

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
Tell the jacks to fuckoff, thats what I would have said. + Go punch in that "Kenny" guys face aswell while your at.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Poodles;1088935 said:
First thing first... WHY DID YOU SAY ANYTHING TO THEM?

They don't have a warranty, they can't do jack to you. If they do have a warrant, be quiet and don't answer questions. They are allowed to lie to you to get what they want out of you.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75595

Little late now, but if you had followed what is said there, it could have gone much easier.

Sound like you don't have any experience(it's a good thing) with police, so it's only natural to answer any questions.

Jaychen;1088969 said:
Tell the jacks to fuckoff, thats what I would have said. + Go punch in that "Kenny" guys face aswell while your at.

Would say that is way overboard if your car was stolen and the police were following a lead would your reaction be the same. They are doing thier job.

Check your vin w/your title should clear ownership. Now the engine on the stand issue. Do you have reciept for it or was it bought from a friend. Setup part would require a little more thinking. Off the top of my head I'd have to ask why/what provoked it. Not sure if it is a crime to lie to the police about a stolen vehicle or not but I'm sure that if this creeps story is bs the police will see the light pretty easily.

So how was it left? Are they coming back w/more questions?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
jugodegolf;1088979 said:
Sound like you don't have any experience(it's a good thing) with police, so it's only natural to answer any questions.

No, no, no, no, no!!! Go back - WATCH THE VIDEOS IN THAT LINK.

A cop's job is NOT to find the guilty party - a cop's job is to make a case for the prosecution - REGARDLESS of innocence or guilt.

To the OP - NEVER say ANYTHING to ANY cops. You have a RIGHT to remain silent - USE IT. I'm speaking from personal fucking experience here - I had an EXTREMELY similar incident happen to me in Marion county like 4 years ago - a guy that saw me while I was working in Autozone, talking about a Camaro I was rebuilding, accused me of stealing parts from his '89 (mine was an '88) - He even told the police that I unbolted the rear hatch (which has to be like 200lbs of glass) and ran ON FOOT away from the scene.

I fought that for a YEAR - why did they arrest me? BECAUSE THE DASH FROM MY '88 FIT THE OTHER GUY'S '89!! I should never have said word ONE to the police, and I damn sure shouldn't have let them come in to 'take a look around'. The case was eventually dropped, ONE YEAR LATER, because the prosecution had no case (whereas I had 4 witnesses, including the two people I originally bought the parts from, and a witness that I had the parts WELL before this guy (who, amazingly enough, has a LONG list of 'dealing in stolen property' on his record) claims I stole them.

Don't EVER talk to the police. The freaking POLICE OFFICER in those videos even says as such! Sorry, this is a touchy subject with me, lately.

The Dude

no more supra
Apr 5, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
jugodegolf;1088979 said:

Would say that is way overboard if your car was stolen and the police were following a lead would your reaction be the same. They are doing thier job.

Check your vin w/your title should clear ownership. Now the engine on the stand issue. Do you have reciept for it or was it bought from a friend. Setup part would require a little more thinking. Off the top of my head I'd have to ask why/what provoked it. Not sure if it is a crime to lie to the police about a stolen vehicle or not but I'm sure that if this creeps story is bs the police will see the light pretty easily.

So how was it left? Are they coming back w/more questions?
Word, proof of ownership would clear you. A title would be the first thing I'd plop in front of them. Or better yet ask them to get this accuser to produce one with the vin's from the car you have. Turn the tables.

Honestly I thought your story was going to end with a friend playing a trick, having some cop buddies put a scare in you. That's just fucked up if someone's trying to actually set you up.

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
damn that sucks!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
If this was me.....

Id file charges against the person that made the claim
THEY HAVE to charge him with making a false police report...

And if this person that set you up has money ? or is living with mommy and daddy and they got money...

FILE A LAWSUIT.....

and if you dont have money to do this... just go to the NEWS tell them your story.. if they AIR it... you be in like flint....you have lawyers begging to take your case...

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
i do know i have the right to remain silent, i know now not to talk......i just dont know why my "friend" would set me up.....ive done nothing but help him.....i made him a full exhaust for his supra, gave him parts, and got the piece running at one time.....as much as i would like to file a suit against him, its hard for me to believe he would do this to me. but if he wants to play that way, then fuck it....

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Doward;1089068 said:
No, no, no, no, no!!! Go back - WATCH THE VIDEOS IN THAT LINK.

A cop's job is NOT to find the guilty party - a cop's job is to make a case for the prosecution - REGARDLESS of innocence or guilt.

Don't EVER talk to the police. The freaking POLICE OFFICER in those videos even says as such! Sorry, this is a touchy subject with me, lately.

:icon_surp I didn't know that. As far as my first post I meant that his reaction was understandable. Most normal, law abiding people would do the same thing.

I'm going to watch that video and thanks for that crazy story. Glad it eventually turned out ok.

Wow can you imagine how messed up it would be to be a cop and have no one tell you anything.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
The Dude;1089087 said:
Word, proof of ownership would clear you.

Not necessarily. Receipts + statements from BOTH the people I had purchased my parts from months before hand, and I still had a year long legal battle.

The Dude

no more supra
Apr 5, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
Doward;1089140 said:
Not necessarily. Receipts + statements from BOTH the people I had purchased my parts from months before hand, and I still had a year long legal battle.
Either the system is that messed up or I'd want new legal council.

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
i actually had the original owner of my supra with me the second time the cops came back to question me. he was dropping off more parts he forgot. with him the to verify the parts and car were his then sold to me was a complete waste of time....."anyone can say that" i just watched the videos and im not talking anymore!!