stole a part off audi 5000 for my supra that alot of should do

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well audi 5000 5 cyc have neat toy on them that fix one of the issues we have in our car and that is coolent boiling in the head causeing hot spots witch is bad

what is it is mini coolent pump for when you trun off you car it will still run and cyc coolent in your head easy to hook up and every thing

i just useing simple timed switch to turn it on and such i got mine set for 5 mins i can do max of 10 min's

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well i have the unite

but not installed you can get em form the junk yard for pretty cheep the tiem swithc i got form local eletracl store

the wright up will happen in my build up thread as soon as start o play wiht my car again

ps it looks liek our intake fule pump cetp wiht coolent nipple's can't remmber the size of the top of my head but can easy stick you thump intot eh coolent feed and drain

the year it is off of is 86 5000 turbo's i have no part number but i if bet you called the dealer they whould know what it is

whe i go back to work all see fi cna get part number

Last edited:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
^ i had that car!

yea when you turn off the car and it normally begins to heat soak i could hear the pump switch on and start running.

problem is that its an audi so ordering it new is very expensive, also on the 87 audi 5000 and i beleive on the audi 100 turbo model.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
there on alot of trubo 5 cyc use that crap as block and head

as for price fomr dealer ship after talking to my co worker there not that bad really

go to wreaking yard pick it up dirt cheep

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
Sounds to me like you could tie the lines into the 3/8" coolant 'by-pass' hose, the one behind the thermostat housing.

And its seems to me that you could just use a cheap 'universal' electric fuel pump, along with the timer switch.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
mrnickleye said:
Sounds to me like you could tie the lines into the 3/8" coolant 'by-pass' hose, the one behind the thermostat housing.

And its seems to me that you could just use a cheap 'universal' electric fuel pump, along with the timer switch.

there alot fo places you can put it

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
ummm no i have nto got around to it yet

i have this spare turbo timiner i might use that as the switch

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
what gen of vr6 ? may i ask cause we have ton fo thosu at work never notice it as well i gonna cheak the computer at work

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Many of the German cars have this feature.

It is also used when you push the "rest" button. (It circulates coolant to the heater core and allows your HVAC fan to run, pushing air over the heater core, and providing you with heated air for up to 45 min. Per push of the button on my A8.)

Your right that many of the turbo's use these same pumps to keep coolant circulating around the engine for a set amount of time after shut down to keep the oil from coking in the CHRA.