Stock Supra Mufflers

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Someone has to know. 87 N/A. I think the cat has been replaced because my car was labled as a gross polluter in 2004, since which has passed smog. If that makes sense.

But I believe I have an exhaust leak. Its loud and sounds like a fart. A semi muffled fart. What really gets me isnt the sound, its the vibration inside the cabin. But how loud are there cars stock? I am 99% sure its the stock muffler just with some tips welded on.
I am bringing my car to a muffler shop friday for an inspection(free) and he said he can weld up any holes/cracks for like 20$. This will hold me till I can get my Tanabe Hyper Meddalion. :naughty:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
bigal0043 said:
stock muffler has a dual tip... my car was really quiet... people would be like is your car on

Same with me, it was very quiet at idle, no-one would hear when my car turned off from the turbo timer, they never even knew it was on. lol.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
have them check your cats,primary and secondary,to see if the honeycomb material is still in good condition as wel las for the rest of the system.
just be sure to get at least a 3 inch diameter pipe going all the way back when you get your new system.maybe even mandrel bent if there is one shop like that near you.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Turbo swap one day. I kind of have a farfetched plan that I hope I can get to work.

Right now Im looking for a nice turbo/targa 5spd supra to be my driver for a while. I want to turn my Supra as of now into a project. Ive never rebuilt my own car(none the less a Japanese car).

If anyone has any leads on a turbo targa 5spd in the bay area with a BHG or somthing give me a holler. Ill be on it.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Well I was thinkin more like 2.5 inches. I know the Tanabe is designed for turbo cars but I can swap her out when I get my turbo car. But then again I think the Tanabe is 3 inches from the cat back.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
3" is fine on a N/A... yes, the engine doesn't get as much help from the scavaging effect of the exhaust already moving through the system, but the difference isn't terribly big and it only really effects you in the lower RPM.... at higher RPM the larger diameter helps out a fair amount. BUT, unless you've got a real nice, custom header it's not going to create any difference... not that you'll notice anyway as the stock header is one hell of a restriction itself.