Stock plenum to FFIM question

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
My plenum is over at the machine shop getting finished. Still, I was wondering what to do since the stock vacuum fitting that sits in front of the ISC/AIC had to get cut and welded shut. To give details, I eliminated the EGR and threw away that little "spider" tube that directed vacuum all over the place (PS pump, a VSV, EGR, forgot what else).

Now, I'm really not concerned with directing vacuum lines to the PS pump either, so that's another thing that gets eliminated. So can I just ask to have a vacuum fitting tapped somewhere on the intake and use it for the VSV? Or is there anything else?

Oh also, the fitting for the brake booster is in tact, so no worries there.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
you need the ps vacuum so its easy to turn at idle. but you can get a vacuum block to diret vacuum where ever you want. it would be much wise to just hide the vacuum lines than to delete things that you dont know whats going to happen when you do so.

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
hvyman;1502861 said:
you need the ps vacuum so its easy to turn at idle. but you can get a vacuum block to diret vacuum where ever you want. it would be much wise to just hide the vacuum lines than to delete things that you dont know whats going to happen when you do so.

I already ran the car without those vacuum lines connected to it before. One of the nipples was broken. Turned just fine even at idle.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
hvyman;1502861 said:

Doesn't make it "easy to turn at idle"

it raises idle at full lock so the engine doesn't stall.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
hvyman;1502933 said:

Not at all just a misunderstanding of what the idleup circuit does.
(with big tires and a lot of castor it does function as you posted though as the increased force/load opens the pressure valve much sooner than full lock)