Stock Oil pressure gauge issues

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Ok, since every time someone has asked for help it appears the thread never gets answered. So I am going to ask again since I still have no answer. I have a stock, brand new oil psi sender. Turbo gauge cluster in an 87 n/a chassis. All my gauges work fine, minus the oil pressure gauge. I let the car idle and I get a reading from the oil psi sender wire to the ecu. I get a reading coming out of the ecu and heading to the gauge cluster. What I want to know, since I have not disassembled the cluster yet, is where the disconnect could be? Assuming I'll read a signal from the ecu to the gauge. I have a spare N/A cluster that I could possibly swap over and get working. If this does not work then I will do what I can for an aftermarket unit, but I am trying to get all of my stock pieces working right first. Just seems the smart way to go before messing with things.

And I am not going aftermarket oil psi gauge for another week or two. This is only temporary, which is why I am trying to get it working right.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Nghty89;1515187 said:
What I want to know, since I have not disassembled the cluster yet, is where the disconnect could be?

If you have a signal to the gauge, and the gauge doesn't work, then the gauge doesn't work. I don't have the EWD, and am not sure of the signal you are supposed to have. It also wouldn't hurt to look at the cluster. You can't get an answer on what is wrong when there is more than one thing that can be wrong.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
the gauge is easy to mess-up, when I opened up my cluster, it fell apart and i couldn't get it working again, so I swapped over to an entirely new cluster...

maybe the previous owner screwed with it, and now it won't work..

I have a spare for sale, but try inspecting it; could save you some money and time..

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
I decided it would be easier and cost effective in the long run (as well as for my peace of mind) to go ahead and order a pro-sport performance oil psi gauge. It was only $50 shipped so who am I to complain?

I realize the issue was fairly vague, and I did not feel like tampering with the stock gauge, so I am ditching it for a better one. : p

Now I just have to fix my afm wiring issue... New afm, good ecu, still code 31.... I don't suppose I could just run wire from the afm directly to the respective ecu terminals? Currently reading the tsrm and having a bit of trouble deciding...

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Nghty89;1515187 said:
Ok, since every time someone has asked for help it appears the thread never gets answered.

Not necessarily referring to you but there's a reason why that happens. That said since the TEWD shows every pathway of the oil pressure signal it should be very easy to trace...