Stock momo mk3 steering wheel?

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
Ok so I was wondering if I could get some help finding this steering. From what I can figure out it looks like a stock momo steering wheel from a supra. What I wanna know is, where can I find this thing and is it stock? Any help would be appreciated thanks

d03655d1-80ba-cb4f.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S phone

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
Turbo Habanero;1738189 said:
Didn't the Turbo A come with a Momo Steering wheel?

Thats what I was thinking but I saw one and I didn't see any logos on it..... Then again it was only one

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
Scratch that I found one on ebay it is a jza70 turbo A steering wheel thanks bro

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
chris_2jz;1738208 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370521809209

$179 item
$65 shipping

Ill be honest with you guys when I bought my current supra that steering wheel came with the car but due to lack of funds (and lack of knowledge) I had to low ball him and he removed the steering wheel.... I regret it to this date even more now that I know it came from a turbo a =(

Hard to steer a car using your teeth..:naughty:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
They came in TT-Rs and Turbo A's..

they're nothing special, other toyotas had them, as some horn pads say Toyota instead of Supra..

EDIT: I have one in my 86.5, and while it is nice you can find them for around $150, I got mine with hub, horn pad, and horn button for around $120 shipped with only one minor knick in the leather.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
correct ^

when they occasionally show up, they're usually right around $170 plus shipping.

RazoE;1738439 said:
They came in TT-Rs and Turbo A's..

they're nothing special, other toyotas had them, as some horn pads say Toyota instead of Supra..

EDIT: I have one in my 86.5, and while it is nice you can find them for around $150, I got mine with hub, horn pad, and horn button for around $120 shipped with only one minor knick in the leather.

Condition is everything when it comes to old collectors items like these, plus the ones that say 'Supra' are far cooler than the generic ones. Also, I've noticed many on ebay are missing the horn pad.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
chris_2jz;1738525 said:
Direct fit with the hub I'm assuming

not entirely, the hub is bolt on, but the stock ring connector needs to be modified (I cut mine off), and you have to find another way to wire up the horn. I told my friend I wanted to re-wire the headlight washer button as the horn, and he did it and yes it works! So I'll do mine soon...

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
Can you do a write up on that? I have a 88 with a 89 steering wheel and 89 has a plug for the horn not the bronze ring so my horn doesn't work please lmk

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
RazoE;1738701 said:
not entirely, the hub is bolt on, but the stock ring connector needs to be modified (I cut mine off), and you have to find another way to wire up the horn. I told my friend I wanted to re-wire the headlight washer button as the horn, and he did it and yes it works! So I'll do mine soon...

So there's no way to have the horn work without any mods? Sorry to bring back an old thread but I'd rather that than make a new one. I'm installing mine which I picked up for 80 :) horn button, pad and adapter. Any input is appreciated including what you did to have the horn work. Thanks!

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
There are various ways to get the horn to work, but it is not direct-fit, no. On Turbo A and Twin Turbo R models there is a pin that contacts a plate on the hub, while on ours there was a multi-slipring (or clockspring on airbag models). I've never done it, but it seems to me the easiest way to get it to work would be to remove the hub plate and make a hole for the slipring connector to fit through into the hub, then run the horn wire on the steering wheel to the correct pin on the slipring. Shouldn't be too hard.

Alternatively you could find a combination switch from an overseas LHD model that had the horn pin like Japan had (86-88 European cars) and use it (or modify something similar onto your existing combo switch from another Toyota).

Jeff