stock molding/trim rubber question 89+

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
where can i buy the rubber strip that sticks to the stock molding/trim that goes all the way around the middle of the car. In the picture its black, on the bottom of the trim pieces. Thanks!:icon_bigg

6.JPG

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
hum... thats interesting, someone(previous owner) must have done some work on mine. the "rubber" strip is falling off. it must have been some aftermarket trim that was glued on or something?

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Found mine at an auto trim shop!!! No texture ect just rubber trim that was 3m backed. Painted it looks like factory!!!!

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
sorry for the thread jack, my trim on a pre89 is falling off, i mean i have the clips for them to be clip on the car but the trim will not stick to the body. I've tried 3m tape, the 1/2 inch tape from home depot but it wont stick and wouldnt hold. Anybody here knows what type of adhesive i should use to nicely put back my mouldings?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
George said:
Use the stuff they glue windshields on with. that will stick anything.

When the glass company came out to fix my hatch glass, I asked them to squirt some of that shit on the passenger side door molding. I don't think I could pull that molding off now with a truck and chain. So in other words, it works.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
yeah, and you'll never pull it off.. So when something needs repair there ( repaint, whatever) you must brake em.
Screw was ironical actully, I ment bolts. Think out, how to attach a bolt behind the trim, and then just do it :D The long moldings are bolted in couple spots anyways...