stock lsd, how do you it has it?

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
streetknight said:
its posible a little searching on the web and found this http://www.itplanet.net.au/Cressida/Cressida.htm does not give much info on how he did it but try asking.
"sourced a dead MX83 diff from another wrecker and are going to transfer the LSD internals into that"

Down under, some of their cressidas had LSD, he used a cressida lsd in his cressida, kind of doesnt anwer my question of using a MA70 lsd in my MX83....... anyway, i will see if they have a car there with lsd and try it if not, i am going to buy the stock cress open diff and get it welded up.

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
PIONEER said:
If you can wait til this weekend, I'll let you know for sure. I'm gonna take the Supra Guts out and see if they'll fit inside the cressida. If I recall correctly, I have asked this question before and was told the Cressida N/A open diff is a 7.5" and the supra is a 8"

Look here

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341
please let me know. I dont plain on getting it this weekend so it will be great knowing in advance.

heavyearly87t

Mr.Url
Mar 31, 2005
Edmonton Alberta Canada Eh?
OK I got lost in here somewere. I have a 87 Turbo MKiii

If I want 4.11 LSD,or something goo for the Qtr mile, what cars am I looking for for a swap? Do I change the whole diff, or am I just changing the guts? I know that there is a mythical N/A LSD but I have yet to find one.

Sorry, I tried to keep up and looked at the links above but now I suffer from data overload.

Thanks.

Last edited:

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
its better for you to swap the whole unit rather then the Guts. The Guts come into place for the cressida b/c the mount locations are differnet and there is no LSD option in the U.S for the cressida.

89supraa

Jul 20, 2009
milwaukee
Jeff Lange;23588 said:
All Turbos have LSD.
Some N/A's have LSD, check the data tag in the engine bay (on pre-89 models) or in the door jam (89+ models), check the axle code, it will be G282 or G284 for non-LSD, or G285 for LSD.

Mine is a factory turbo, but only spins the right wheel. I went to check the axle code and i was unsure which one that is. is it the part that says A/TM? If so mine is not any of those 3 options and is G305? I didnt see any other numbers besides R154,and the vin. Was wondering if i have a broken LSD or if i just dont have it. Thanks!

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
89supraa;1585216 said:
Mine is a factory turbo, but only spins the right wheel. I went to check the axle code and i was unsure which one that is. is it the part that says A/TM? If so mine is not any of those 3 options and is G305? I didnt see any other numbers besides R154,and the vin. Was wondering if i have a broken LSD or if i just dont have it. Thanks!

I only listed axle codes for N/A's in that post. Pre-89 Turbos are G315, 89+ Turbos are G305.

G = Toyota 8.0" Ring Gear
30 = 3.73:1 Ratio
5 = 4-pinion with LSD

Jeff

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
heavyearly87t;24240 said:
If I want 4.11 LSD,or something goo for the Qtr mile, what cars am I looking for for a swap? Do I change the whole diff, or am I just changing the guts? I know that there is a mythical N/A LSD but I have yet to find one.

Use the 4.30 from the 7MGE. I had four naturaly aspirated models. 3 of the 4 were LSD, none were the sport option. I know he asked that question 5 years ago. Somebody else may wonder.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291220/catalog.aspx?F=4101&P=1

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291220/part.aspx?S=41201

Jeff will decode if you ask nicely.

It seems like the axle code can end in a 3 or 5 for LSD. According to the owners manual. It has been a while and could be wrong.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
same here, I have 3 NA's, and one has the sport package with LSD, the other has no options other than targa and the LSD, and the 92 is open diff, unfortunately..

89supraa

Jul 20, 2009
milwaukee
Interesting. Is there a way to tell from outside the diff case that it is LSD? or do i need to pull the cover off and inspect what kind of damage is done in there. I jacked it up and if i rotate one, the other will rotate the same direction, but if i wedge one, the other will still spin.Any thoughts? Thanks!