Stock bpv cause boost creep?

JoeSupra

Sup guys! I have a boost creep problem wit my car. I have a 57trim ct-26, 2.5 inch hardpipes, spearco intercooler, ported 3 inch turbo elbow, hks dp and rsr gt2 exhuast. My car is set to stock boost but will start to creep around 4500-5500 rpms then creep to fuel cut. I think I might have a leak in my bpv cause all my bpv does is flutter even at like 2000 rpms(surge?). Could my stock bpv cause a boost leak which could cause boost creep? Iv checked all my pipes and there is no boost leak anywhere. So I thought mayb this 18 year old bpv had finally crapped out on me. I was thinkin about gettin a bosch 110 to see if that would fixed the problem. What do u guys think?

Last edited:

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Could be that, or a leaky hose to the wastegate and a lot of other things. It wouldnt hurt to replace the bpv with the 110 unit anyways. Even on stock boost the backpressure you relieved by replacing the turbo back with 3" stuff, you will have boost creep. But it shouldnt hit fuel cut.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
It's not the stock bpv. Impossible.

Yours sounds non-functional, but it has nothing to do with boost creep.

jtran8

Supramania Contributor
Mar 29, 2007
wichita kansas
No , if you have leaky bov that only cause you down on power but not boost creep , because it's partial of boost leak. there are several reasons that cause boost creep ; it happen to some people after they added 3" turbo back, cold air intake ,intercooler and intercooler hard pipe . this set up is so eficent that stock wastegate dosen't have enough time to vent because it not big enough . if you have this kind of boot creep you have to port wastegate hole . Other things can cause boot creep are if the hose that hook to turbo and wastegate actuator come loose this will cause boost creep also if wastegate actuator malfuntion can cause boost creep. In general the only things can cause boost creep are either wastegate hole not big enough or wastegate flaper not open . Hope that's clear:icon_bigg

supraslo

Slaying Cobras
Jul 29, 2007
Burlington NC
www.myspace.com
Check wastegate. If available install a boost controller to try to turn the boost down. More than likely though, you are going to end up installing a FCD or something else to get around the fuel cut. The modded turbo I believe is the source of this problem. In the past, I have turned up the boost to about 18psi and avoided a "boost creep" issue. Another problem with modded ct26 turbos that I have found, is compressor surge right around 20psi.

jtran8

Supramania Contributor
Mar 29, 2007
wichita kansas
It all depend on how bad your boost creep is . I don't know how to get one of my post here , but if you check one of my post under " hitting fuel cut with AVCR " i posted how to port your wastgate with pictures.:icon_bigg

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
It's interesting that you don't want the increased boost. Most people with cars in a similar mod state to yours love the extra power.

JoeSupra

mkIIIman089;916657 said:
It's interesting that you don't want the increased boost. Most people with cars in a similar mod state to yours love the extra power.

I want to increase my boost! But if I do im just gunna hit fuel cut even faster! I have rc550s and lexafm waiting to be put in but im not gunna put it in unless the boost creep is fixed.

Last edited:

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Joe, Im going to be home March 3-7 so let me know if you wanna use my garage. Thats when I'm planning on putting all of my parts in anyways. Edit your above post "mine boost"

JoeSupra

eman2289;917045 said:
Joe, Im going to be home March 3-7 so let me know if you wanna use my garage. Thats when I'm planning on putting all of my parts in anyways. Edit your above post "mine boost"

Ight thanks. I deff want to put it my wideband and give my car a check up underneath, mayb redo the section of my hard pipes near my passenger headlight if your up for it. Like I sed u help me out ill help u out. What are you planning on doin to yur car those days?