stock bov on 1j

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
i was wondering if anybody here has taken off there stock bov/recirculation valve off on there 1j and ran another bov where the throttle body is at??? if so can you tell me how did it go and what would be the outcome of it if you do take if off! thanks...

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Took mine off cause it was leaking. I have the same setup as this. Got the idea from Aaron (DM). It works better than stock.

Attachments

• SANY0554.jpg
    SANY0554.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 109

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Whatever fits an EVO fits a 1JZ, same rubber pipe dia.

As for the intake block off? You can make one with just about anything. I still have my polished alum plate i made laying around somewhere.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Supra&

Made zero difference performance wise.

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
i just ran my bov inline with my intercooler piping and plugged up the factory hole for the bov. the block off plate was already on my car. my motor never came with the factory bov. i ran my BOV on the exhaust side of the motor. some people say that it sounds better when its on that side but i just did it out of convience.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
mischief7m;961060 said:
i was under the impression that you want the bov as close to the throttle body as possible. for performance reasons...please correct me if im wrong

theoretically yes that is the best place to put it.

obviously it isnt absolutely necessary that it be placed there. id say it comes down to personal preference.

i happen to like the idea of putting it right on the throttle body it self.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
A blow off valve is not a performance modification. Period. There is ZERO horsepower to be gained by a valve that lets air out when you let OFF the throttle. The only power to be gained is if your stock valve is leaking. If own a 1JZGTE, yours probably is. How much power will you gain?? You'll gain exactly back to how much power your engine should be making without an air leak in the plumbing, no matter what brand valve or placement.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
OneJSupra;960063 said:
Took mine off cause it was leaking. I have the same setup as this. Got the idea from Aaron (DM). It works better than stock.

kool nice... i like... but i did mine a lot different i'll post it up soon... and yea it does a lot better than when it was on...

Prettyazznouka

Oct 17, 2007
NYC
annoyingrob;960916 said:
1JZ%20SSQV.JPG

Made zero difference performance wise.

How do you replace it like that? It looks like theres a extra peice thats connected to the bov. Ive been wanting the swap out my bov and put a ssqv

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
OneJSupra;960063 said:

Are you useing a 7m ignitor? If so how did you manage to do that?

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
ok guys... sorry for taking a while with the pics...camera's been acting up... but heres how it looks like....
sorry too if its too big...heheheh...

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
bluemkiii;964167 said:
How does that plug stay in there?

on one of them i grinded some of the treads on the bottom but keeping some on the top so i could screw in the rest... on the other one i just clamped it down with a rubber hose and of course clamps...

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
annoyingrob;962371 said:
That would be the HKS 1JZ mounting kit I got from HKS Japan a while back.

Yea that's what I got... I just bought it on ebay a week ago... Installed it in 1/2 hr. Looks nice compared to that old stock one.