Stock boost ?

92Turbo

hondas suck
Apr 19, 2005
NJ
My car is only pushing the stock boost gauge to just past the 4lb mark. My car
is all stock except for the intake. The car was swapped from an auto and I can remember it going up to about 7lbs before. What could cause a brop in boost?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
A boost leak...check your hoses and clamps. Especially the one that attaches the 3000 pipe to the throttle body.

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
Check for exhaust leaks too, thats something I missed out and it turns out that my turbo -> exh. manifold was half unbolted. :cry:

hellraiser456

Dec 29, 2006
canada
Mrbaboon said:
Check for exhaust leaks too, thats something I missed out and it turns out that my turbo -> exh. manifold was half unbolted. :cry:

wouldn't you hear that??? if the mani was leaking it would be freakin loud

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Do you have a noise from under your hood sounding something like what everyone thinks "rod knock" sounds like? Yeah, that's what a leaky manifold sounds like too ;). So if you've got that sound coming from uner your hood, check the studs on the manifold. I had this same type of leak and let me tell you, before I fixed it, turbo lag was a BITCH!

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
hellraiser456 said:
wouldn't you hear that??? if the mani was leaking it would be freakin loud

Well I'm running a divorced DP with straight through exhaust..so its already loud as hell..good luck hearing that.

And I thought it was the EGR at first due to where the carbon was sprayed across the engine bay.