stock amp?

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
after pulling my dash and looking at the cluster of stuff under that, i saw a complete second set of audio wires tucked up away under everything, and traced it under the passenger seat, as far as i can tell its a complete second amp stock system, are these worth keepin in the car? or what? i have no clue about these things. but the whole wiring harness is complete and all there.

Attachments

• Photo363.jpg
    Photo363.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 34

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I pulled mine out of every single car I have ever owned. They are good if you enjoy the stock sound, but the minute you upgrade that amp to one that is just a little more power, then all of the speakers seem to come alive. Pull that stock setup out and replace it with a small aftermarket one. Then you will have to run all new wires to every speaker. In the end it will be worth it.

OR

You can leave it there and just let it collect dust and run all your own new wires and equipment. It is a good weekend project if you are not a pro at running and hiding the wires, laying sound deadener, wiring everything up.... Most people it would take a full Saturday if they have the smallest notion of what they are doing.

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
well i got the full inside of the car pulled apart, so thats not a big deal, but since theres really two systems in there, cause um currently using just an aftermarket deck with a 55W output and simple focal speakers, not the biggest system, but still sounds good, but, should i run it back threw the stock amp or would that just make things worse?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The stock amp was only a half decent part 25 years ago. By today's standards, it's worse than junk. Unless you're looking to have a completely stock show car, pull that out and toss it in the trash.