stock 3piece to whailtail

Dutch7m

7m for live
Jun 3, 2007
The Netherlands
I'm going from a stock 3piece spoiler to a whailtail spoiler from shine.

But what did you guys, that also did this, do with the holes of the original spoiler?

i don't really like to get them welded, so i can alway's go back to the 3-piece.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Also interested in the same thing. Was planning to swap spoilers tomorrow, but can't find anything on removing the 3-piece spoiler. Last time I tried to remove a side-piece on another Supra, I cracked it.

I want to be able to swap the spoilers from time-to-time, so want to keep everything intact and not close up any holes.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Stock spoiler was easy enuff to remove... Took about 15 minutes to remove. Installation of the new one, took about 15 minutes.

whaletail.jpg

whaletaila.jpg

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I bet there are plastic plugs/screws out there that will fit snug on the holes. That is probably the best way for you to plug it up w.o having to close it up permanently. A coworker went rear wiper blade less and had a plug to plug up the hold for the wiper motor.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Yeah, I am thinking thru a few options. The hatch doesn't close quite right without pushing down on it, so I am worried that I may end up cracking the spoiler at some point. So, I will add some spacers/washers to lift it up slightly, as well as use a different C-clamp so that I can reinstall the bump stops as well. To plug the holes, I am going to use some type of flat-topped bolt. I saw this done often in Okinawa, to prevent the holes from rusting I suppose. I only spent about 30 minutes on the swap yesterday. Should only take about 20 minutes to make the changes, next weekend. I'll post up what I end up doing.