Stock 1jz dyno

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
OneJoeZee said:
that's what matters. that just means the car feels really good at a lower power than you thought. so imagine what it will be like when you get it up in the 280-300 range. :) you could ride in my car and see how it feels. :) I kept up with jose and mikeT and they did like 310 and 350. :)

You wish!

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
eps said:
250whp and 260wtq

Not bad for just a gutted cat and 3” catback.
It’s not real rich like I expected it to be, it’s actually quite lean in the lower RPMs.
Also the guy who was doing the dyno said it would not rev to 7k. :dunno:

the A/F is really off, its not getting below 12 until about 4750 which you should be at full boost way before then...this would really scare me. I would get the fuel system checked out before you burn something up.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
For what it's worth here's my first dyno from last year. Motor was stock everything, no boost controller, fmic, 3" dp and exhaust, and megasquirt. It was hitting about 13-14 psi. The temp in the shop was 90 degrees.

1jdyno.jpg

These things really wake up just messing with the timing a little :)

For reference, here's my timing map:
ign%20map.JPG

And here's an old video :)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7526498232208121236&q=cressida+dyno&hl=en

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Zazzn said:
EPS i believe your problem is that you may have a soraer ECU.

Sorry to bring up a semi-old thread, but this caught my eye because I have the soarer engine/ecu. What's the difference? Thanks.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Ric said:
^-- different oil pump, clutch fan. I did 270whp bone stock in my soarer, 290whp with some super basic mods at stock boost, and 310+ with moar boost

I'm aware of that. What's the difference in the ECU?

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
None electronically.. the connections are different. Also Soarer has clutch fan, no hydrofan. You can even use a JDM 2JZ-GTE ECU and harness on a 1JZ, if u had an SAFC2 or installed the 440cc injectors. I think the redline is a tad lower on the 2jz tho.. 1jz is generally 7200

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I knew about all that stuff. I already have it in my car. Just have to finish up the wiring. I just didn't know if there was something actually with the ECU internals that were different. I know that it's a pain in the ass with the wiring.