Stinger question / problem about my tune

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm just curious if anyone else's does this. I can go out and crank my car in the morning and it runs perfectly. Say for instance I drive it to the golf course. It runs great, I play golf, when I crank it after sitting for a few hours, it'll always run extremely rich. I don't understand why it does this. When it sits over night, it always cranks and runs almost like stock...........but if I go somewhere and let it sit for an hour or two or three, it will always run @ 10.0 - 11.0 once I crank it agian. I'm just curious if anyone else's does this and if anyone had any explanation for it. Thanks, Jay

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
well the first thing I would check would be the Coolant temp compensation numbers. You might have some of it configured incorrectly (ie to much for the coolant temp during crank). Same with IAT. Also you might ahve a startup enrichment that you might want to look into further.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Check the cold/post start tab for the cells that corespondent with your coolant temp at the time.

More specificly check the decay time as you might have it set for longer then it needs to be.

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'll take my laptop with me so I can look at it the next time I crank it after sitting for a few hours, but it should be cooled off by then. I also have most of my cells @ zero after around eighty degrees on the water temp. I'll just have to play with it, but I'm sure you guys are on the right track. Thanks.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
No it'll clear up if I sit there a minute and rev it up like it's burning all the extra gas. It'll run perfectly after that, but if I try to leave before doing that, it'll buck and jerk..........which is kinda embarassing.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Check Post Start Tab, Thats the tab the adds extra fuel on startup, load up the laptop and look at the software before you start it.

Click the post start tab and see where the red line is, thats where its looking for a start up value. Lower that value and lower the Decay seconds.

Because it clears up, dont play with the coolant temp correction because if it clears up and its good, thats not the issue. The issue is upon start up so it should be a "Post Start" issue.