Stick with MAF or Map

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
So since i got my new car, which is bone stock, i have been debating on which setup will be the best to use. This is the plan, im going to pull the head and throw a new toyota HG on, with ARP studs, a 57 trim from DM, full exhaust, an aluminum front mount, a walbro and regulator, and possibly the new Lipp intake mani.

I kept my AEM from the last car and i plan on using it with my DH61 ignitor, so the real question is, which way do you guys think will yeild the best balance of tuneability, power, reliability, and efficency; Map or MAF?

Thanks in advance guys!

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
MAF is technically more accurate as it doesn't rely on a VE table to calculate airflow., MAP seems to be the chosen path of most, but i think its also because finding a MAF that wont restrict the intake can be harder to come by/expensive.

Though with modern computer systems i think difference between the two is minimal.

Its whatever you feel like doing and can make work.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
nosechunks;1417696 said:
Though with modern computer systems i think difference between the two is minimal.
Yeah but like you said, it'll be hard to find one that dosent cause a big restriction.
Doward;1417546 said:
MAP, imho, for a pressurized engine.

MAF for N/A.

I here you on that, i think the map will be a bit easier to deal with on the AEM to.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
TheNewRed;1418077 said:
Yeah but like you said, it'll be hard to find one that dosent cause a big restriction.

I here you on that, i think the map will be a bit easier to deal with on the AEM to.

Any maf that fits any 6+ liters of engine will work quite well.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
i think im going to use the AEM map sensor, i was just looking at the software, and it looks a little easier with a MAP setup.