Status
Not open for further replies.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Yes I did... and nope, it died. Put about 15-20* of twist in the rubber bonded section.

p1819526_1.jpg

I've ugraded twice, now as well! Went with a 3" jawsgear AL shaft and it was good for a couple weeks, but then the car broke. Now Im onto a 3.5" Dahn Automotive shaft since I'm going for a 4.3 rear end. (Trying to keep the harmonics in check) Should be fun once its together!

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Steve,
I saw that 2nd video. If my Blue 87 had been running up to snuff, the outcome would have been different. Let's see how it goes this year. Can't wait to try.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Nah, its not necessary just because of the turbo or power output, its the way you drive the car.

If you baby it off the line and shift smoothly, I bet the stocker would stand up to almost anything.

Launch it hard/drop the clutch and I'd put money on a stock NA with BHG would be able to twist it :p

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Update to parts coming in:
3.5" exhaust system is coming together, however I think it may be a touch louder than I had initially planned for- we'll see...
p1819702_1.jpg

New 3.5" driveshaft is here and looks BOMB!
p1819702_2.jpg

Dual valve springs are ready to install once I get the head back :D
p1819702_3.jpg

Head is 1/2 done, and should wrap up within the next few weeks if all goes well!

Marlin crawler continues to make me a sad panda with delays but I shall survive to be stronger ;)

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Turbo Tony snapped a aluminum drive shaft, and a carbon one. He ran his 9.98 on a stock 2 piece with carrier. That's with launching it with slicks on the drag strip.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
It really comes down to the wall thickness...Toyot I got to hold that DS I almost shit my pants when I lifted it...13lbs is ridiculous! I want to go with the thick wall aluminum which ends up being 13.8 lbs.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Sweet, Dustin! Wes said you guys were out there- I though it was crazy that it was so light as well. I figure that my driving habits aren't aggressive enough, nor my power output high enough to warrant any of the crazier driveshafts, but this was just a little more insurance for me once I get the NA rear end installed.

Today: Got the remaining 2 Vband clamps for the exhaust system, so when the time comes I'll be ready to get everything in order quickly!

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Nothing much has changed, but I finally got an update that my transmission parts have finally shipped out! I also ordered a new 3rd gear since I had waited so long. Once everything gets here I'll have a complete transmission :)
I also ordered the new clutch- we'll see how the Spec Super Twin P-trim feels and works out- should be loads of fun!

Last but not least, the head is nearly done being ported, then its off to the machine shop for new guides, surfacing, assembly, and adjustment! Block will be honed, surfaced, and cleaned right before final engine assembly tpo keep everything as clean as possible. The car will run this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.