Status
Not open for further replies.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Yep I'm going to get the upgraded thrust washer, 1-2 shift fork, and the rear retainer plate.
Also going new synchros on 1, 2, 3, 4, new 1-2 and 3-4 synchro sleeves. Only question is I'm trying to see if it needs new speed gears for 2 and 3. The synchro teeth on them are a little beat up.

Also looking like I'm going to be picking up a 4.30 LSD rear end :D I think I might see 10's this year! (at least I'm aiming for it)

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Looking good Steve! Just file the sharp edges off of the chipped teeth and they'll be fine. My chipped gears have held up so far. You're going to love the feel of the Marlin Crawler goodies!

Sweet video by the way!!! I think I'd live at that track! :)

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Steve, if your mechanically able to do the tranny upgrades, perhaps next winter I can slip you some cash to do mine. I know mine has some issues as well.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
I'm excited to see the car back in action again this Spring - what time is the powercruise?

It's also hard to not think about a Spring Supra meet again in MN with this weather we're having.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
steve, you're going to be rowing gears with the r154 and a 4.30, it's what I have in my supra and even pushing 6 psi on the stock turbo first gear goes fast, pushing as much boost out of the turbo you have with the mods you have. oof. short shifter would be smart so ya don't get tired ;) haha

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Get a C's, you won't regret it. The person who I got my car from, a forum member, said it was any other kind of shifter. I saw it and said, "O, okay."

When someone posted a legit C's short shifter I was like...:eek2:, that looks like mine, pulled it out and sure enough, it was down to the mounting hardware. By the way, it's 100% worth getting when you feel how much reduction there is.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Yep, I have a SurpaSport (Jim King) V3 shifter and it works great IMO. I hope to loosen up a little of the notchiness in the trans when I'm in there, if not then that's OK!

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
steve.... i still have a special set of gears.... really considering getting out of the supra game all together....great car and great group of guys.... but i am in love with a "fairlady" and really have to focus on her now that i have a kid on the way.... too many projects and the budget just got tighter

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I think the stock gears will work well for the racing I plan on doing (drag/road racing). Were it a highway car/DD that 5th would be awesome!

Trans parts ordered, Head is at the porter, along with the upper/lower intake manifolds, turbo manifold, and the various gaskets he'll need for templates. Not sure how long it'll take, but since Winter just arrived, that's fine with me!

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Transmission synchro sleeves, 1-2, and the 3-4 synchro rings are in my hands! Marlin Crawler has the order for the shift fork and thrust washer, but the washer is on backorder atm, should be rebuilding the trans in a week or so!

New piston rings are in, as are the engine bearings. Head gasket will either be here tomorrow or Wednesday so things are moving along quite nicely!

Things left to order:
Valvesprings
Clutch
IC piping
Exhaust piping
more likely

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
fixitman04;1793644 said:
steve.... i still have a special set of gears.... really considering getting out of the supra game all together....great car and great group of guys.... but i am in love with a "fairlady" and really have to focus on her now that i have a kid on the way.... too many projects and the budget just got tighter

the overdrive 5th gear that Doward was selling a while ago?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
toyotanos;1796834 said:
Transmission synchro sleeves, 1-2, and the 3-4 synchro rings are in my hands! Marlin Crawler has the order for the shift fork and thrust washer, but the washer is on backorder atm, should be rebuilding the trans in a week or so!

New piston rings are in, as are the engine bearings. Head gasket will either be here tomorrow or Wednesday so things are moving along quite nicely!

Things left to order:
Valvesprings
Clutch
IC piping
Exhaust piping
more likely

Steve, last I checked Wes Beech was selling a thrust washer that you'd have to machine down for proper spacing, but pretty sure he has em available

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Moy;1796843 said:
the overdrive 5th gear that Doward was selling a while ago?
Correct! Don't ask how much work Jeremy had to do to get that thing!

Also, I'm OK with waiting the week it'll take to get the MC washer ;)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
What size exhaust are you going to use and clutch setup? Rebuilding the diff as well while you're at it?

We all know the "while I'm at it" bug.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Oh the "while I'm at it" bug for me would include a Weir Performance LSD rebuild kit lol. xD

and Steve... no kidding! Probably a year and a half xD

Status
Not open for further replies.