Stereo Install w/storage space THANKS Jeff Lange

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
The door is spring loaded to stay open or shut. It was a little tricky to install and I had to trim the radio bezel thingy to get it to open correctly but not too bad.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
we should all look in toyotas we have access to and look for this bugger.that is...if it is from a toyota. i want one now!

i wouldnt like an open tray because stuff can fly out...and that can conceal things too...

how deep is it? could you fit some CD's in there and close the door?

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Figit090 said:
we should all look in toyotas we have access to and look for this bugger.that is...if it is from a toyota. i want one now!

i wouldnt like an open tray because stuff can fly out...and that can conceal things too...

how deep is it? could you fit some CD's in there and close the door?
CD's won't fit in it with the door closed but my Greddy boost controller does with a little modification to the back of it.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
i love the pocket thing. i had another cd player and i installed that with the lower area blocked off. i then got an alpine head unit with an IPOD cable. so i got the pocket from a junkyard and drilled a small hole in the back of it.

i had the ipod cable come from the back of the head unit and through the hole in the pocket. so now the ipod plugs right into the head unit and i can keep it right underneight in the pocket.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
My old 95 Celica came stock with the pocket with the door. The door was broken and Toyota wanted $30+ for the 'door pocket' so I just went with the standard pocket.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
55520-14050 List Price: $29.95

Came in 94+ Tercels
94+ Paseos
94-99 Celicas
95+ Land Cruisers
93-98 Supras

Not all of those will always have them, just if they have the correct stereo to accompany it. There are other cars that have the same thing I think.

It looks just like the one in chriso's picture.

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
Hey,

Those Winegard FM antenna boosters work great. Much better than the cheapo FM boosters from Wal-Mar, Autozone, ect. I've been using them for years in all my vehicles to pull in the decent stations in my area.

Figit090 said:
well...you see...i actually don't.

some dope before me removed whatever stereo was there...the mounting brackets...AND the wiring harnesses

SEE?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

here is that signal booster...thing. there's the power cable as well. oh and that brown wire is the booster's power lead
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Jeff Lange said:
55520-14050 List Price: $29.95

Came in 94+ Tercels
94+ Paseos
94-99 Celicas
95+ Land Cruisers
93-98 Supras

Not all of those will always have them, just if they have the correct stereo to accompany it. There are other cars that have the same thing I think.

It looks just like the one in chriso's picture.

shaweeet!! now i can pick one up! as soon as i finish blowing money on other things that is :nono:

pb92supraturbo said:
Those Winegard FM antenna boosters work great. Much better than the cheapo FM boosters from Wal-Mar, Autozone, ect. I've been using them for years in all my vehicles to pull in the decent stations in my area.

woah shaweeet. i didnt have a clue if it was good or bad or even dangerous (i believe some electronics can be) so now i'm anxious to try it out! i hope my power antenna works b/c i've never used it.... :icon_conf