Steering Wheels...what are you using?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
My Car's an AUS delivered 86.5 that's what came stock in them, since then I've changed it to the Vintage Air controls.

lsx277.jpg

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Momo Jet. I had to really monkey around and customize things on the back of the hub to get the horn and turn signal cancels to work. Anyone else find this with momo hubs? Otherwise a dreamy steering wheel! Smells like Italian leather ;)
int 006.jpg

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
rodel;1576580 said:
Off topic:

I moved my gauges from the A pillar to the steering column because I wanted to observe the dashboard area only...rather than having to both the dashboard and A pillar . Eventually, I'm gonna upgrade to an Aim Sport digital dash that interfaces directly to my AEM ecu.

It's crazy how some drivers have gazillion gauges in several areas like the A pillar, steering column, by the radio bezel, etc....It's even crazier when the gauges are all the way over above the glove box.

I agree with this completely.. having all the gauges in one area is great IMO. the fact that my wideband is mounted where the cigarette lighter used to be is even impractical.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Dylan JZ;1576860 said:
I agree with this completely.. having all the gauges in one area is great IMO. the fact that my wideband is mounted where the cigarette lighter used to be is even impractical.

Could you put up more pics from driver's POV? Not like I'll be having any extra gauges ANY time soon but...it'd be neat to see what gauges you have and how it all looks from that perspective.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Figit090;1576988 said:
Could you put up more pics from driver's POV? Not like I'll be having any extra gauges ANY time soon but...it'd be neat to see what gauges you have and how it all looks from that perspective.

yeah, I can post a few more..

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
IJ.;1576603 said:
This is the rationale behind the MoTeC SDL in my car :)

Very nice! Maybe one day my dash will be pimp like yours, IJ.

HIDPLANET;1577246 said:
Nardi Torino on mine:

imgp1339z.jpg

Nice, Charles. I had that in mind when I was shopping for a steering wheel.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
rodel;1577460 said:
Very nice! Maybe one day my dash will be pimp like yours, IJ.

Nice, Charles. I had that in mind when I was shopping for a steering wheel.

LOL thanks, mine is anti pimp :D

It's nice being able to display EVERYTHING in one place and I have it set if there's an issue with something going out of the normal operating range it will replace something else on the dash and flash a warning so you don't have to have information overload.

I did the math and to do an analogue dash in quality gauges to display the same info was damn close to the cost of the MoTeC.

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
anyone have a link to purchase a hub, i bought one off ebay for an mk4 but it doesnt fit, the opening for the steering column is too small

70dreams

MR.I GET IT DONE
Jul 17, 2007
New York, New York, United States
ive run a standard hub . its the grant hub and anti theft kit heres the trick tho. From 86.5 to 89 the hub is a flawless match from 90 to 92 it gets a lil tricky. The hub is still the same but you have to modify it a lil bit fo het it to fit - even if they say it wont work - trust me it will . The only thing is that with both of them you will loose the cruise control but im working on that.the reason y i prefer the grant is because #1 the price is great #2 the availability of parts and #3 is that they carry a momo to grant adapter ti increase your options even more .

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
OneJSupra;1588907 said:
^^^ I must be your idol cuz you keep copying my setup. Looks good though.

yes, despite never seeing your interior prior to your comment.. I also attempt to keep my car as slow as possible to mimic your single setup :biglaugh: