steering wheel with audio controls

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
Search has turned up nothing of value. I'm hoping someone out there has found a way to mount an aftermarket steering wheel or possibly one from another yota into a MK3 and retained the steering wheel controls, horn and possibly cruise? I know it will require a different clock spring but most of the yota's use the same shaft at least that's what i've read. I'd be willing to experiment with this myself but I'm not sure which toyota's even have the audio and cruise controls mounted on the wheel. Help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
Most aftermarket head units can be interfaced with factory controls. all i'm looking for really is a few toyota cars with the audio controls in the wheels, once that would look ok in a MK3. I can handle the electronics from there.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
2006 Camry SE V6 steeering wheel looks decent.

Although the cruise control is on a stalk in the lower right side like the 91-92 Supra steering wheels

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
hmm, i like the wheel but are all of the camry's beige? I have a blue interior in my car. The cruise isn't a big deal at the moment because i've deleted it but i can look into swapping in a later model stalk with the cruise on there later if I want. I actually like the 2007 wheels, they have a nice shape to them. I wonder if it's possible to mount the cruise controls form the camry too.

Last edited:

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
Thanks Maple I'm combing the area for one of those camry's now, it Think it will be a perfect fit. Any idea if the cruise stalk, either from the camry, or a newer Mk3 can be put in an 87? EDIT: Nevermind looking at this one, it looks like the cruise stalk is build into the wheel :) $T2eC16ZHJHcFFkOfD!qIBR,E45ZWFg~~60_3.JPG That one is only 75 bucks online , but no airbag or airbag cover hmm, Does the highlander have the same wheel?

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
Yeah kinda my thought, it's the same wheel as some of the camry's have i think. I am going to get one of the 3 points but i need to find either a deactivated airbag or just the airbag cover because the ones online all are from wrecks, and none have the airbag cover intact.

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
Well no luck at local yards and I don't know where I'd get a replacement airbag for the one on eBay. Any other makes/ models that use the same shaft?