starting issues..

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
Hi Guys,
Havent been on here for while, but im back as im at the point w my car where its ready to start her back up. Ill start off w a lil info about it. before the summer i decided to do a light rebuild on the engine. It ran but it ran on high idle because a a low compression problem which was from mis-adjusted valves. So I decided to take whole motor apart get it double checked by machine shop. He said valves were off so he fixed them and put new valve seals in. redecked block and head for new hg. light hone for new rings.

tried starting up last week...found fuel pump to not turn on and we jumped it. It cranks and sounds like it has a misfire giving it throttle doesnt effect it at all since it wont catch a idle. Sounds like really bad vacuum leak issue or a ignition isnt right. But you can hear it popping here and there. Only difference i have now from before i took it apart was i added the tookwik cop coil mod to ignition. Also threw in adjustable fpr.

Would bad fuel relay/resistor prevent car from starting even if jumped?

current mod list that i had before summer tear down

safcII
avc-r
denso 550s( had them cleaned and tested during tear down)
60-1 ct26
apexi intercooler
lex afm
MKiv tt fuel pump
blitz bov
3 in exhaust
cometic metal hg
arp studs

shimmed aisin oil pump w ss braided oil line from DM
thermal intake manifold gasket
blocked egr plates

If any of you guys can help id much appreciate it ! I want to have car running before winter so its ready to pull out for spring. But i want that peace of mind knowing it runs.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Have your checked for:

Spark?
Pulse?
Fuel?
Timing?
CPS Alignment?
Codes?

If you have fuel pressure, it doesn't mean you have fuel in the cylinders, which is what pulse does. You said it sounds like a misfire, did you wire the COP modification right?

Do you have a spare set of stock coils to try out?

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
Looks like the cps was misaligned.. :nono: got it running. But I need to empty the gas tank and put fresh fuel in. Then have a few things to clean up and it should be ready for the road! :icon_bigg

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
Yea man! Its been sooo long can't wait to take it on road. Got few small things to tie up. But happy engine sounds smooth no odd noises. Some recent changes to car.

d0362686-aaaf-e92d.jpg