starting issue... need serious help

stokeless

supra-man
Apr 5, 2005
michigan
i've done everything and i can't seen to figure it out. car will not start... cranks real good but will not turn over. the car was originally throwing code 22,24 and 31. all fixed and no more codes but it will not start. i have sparks, fuel and the ground seems good too. what else could it be...

i switch ecu's, cps and redid timing and still no start.

Please help.... i need it.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
yea, for fuel you need volume and pressure. hellon some systems if the fuel psi is 3psi off the vehicle will not start.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Check for injection. Use noid lights, meter, stethoscope, whatever you have. Does the engine fire when given a shot of ether? Check the + side of the injector circuit. This area is one of the few that'll stop fuel and yet not give codes.

stokeless

supra-man
Apr 5, 2005
michigan
i'm sure i have spark, i checked each coil and it sparks fine. i have not however try any starter fuel. i could try it tomorrow. this shit is bugging me.

djordan97

Apr 14, 2006
Kennewick WA
I had this problem and it wasn't throwing any engine code but for me it was a bad cps. the gap on it had gotten to wide and so it wasn't picking up the position of the motor.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
How about swapping out all the little fuel/efi related sensors/do-dads under the hood?

We had this problem with a mkII at MDC, we swapped in like 5 ECU's, 2 harnesses, 2 distributors, I have no clue on how many sensors, AFMs, everything you could think of and still had no luck. the fuel pressure gauge read 31psi - but the injectors were not pulsing (easiest way that we found to test them was to hook up a spare dist and turn it by hand and listen for the clicks from the injectors by using a screwdriver) But the mkIII will fire when ya do that, so if you go that route, make sure you DC the coils or something.

Anyway, one day Jon went out and it just worked. It still wont idle, but it's atleast pulsing.

Check all your fuses/relays that you can think of also. Thats about all I can think of.

stokeless

supra-man
Apr 5, 2005
michigan
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
How about swapping out all the little fuel/efi related sensors/do-dads under the hood?

We had this problem with a mkII at MDC, we swapped in like 5 ECU's, 2 harnesses, 2 distributors, I have no clue on how many sensors, AFMs, everything you could think of and still had no luck. the fuel pressure gauge read 31psi - but the injectors were not pulsing (easiest way that we found to test them was to hook up a spare dist and turn it by hand and listen for the clicks from the injectors by using a screwdriver) But the mkIII will fire when ya do that, so if you go that route, make sure you DC the coils or something.

Anyway, one day Jon went out and it just worked. It still wont idle, but it's atleast pulsing.

Check all your fuses/relays that you can think of also. Thats about all I can think of.

thanks for the input. i'll try and swap out the fuel pump relay and resister box... i doubled tripled check the fuses and they're all good.