Starting/Ignition/EFI Problem:)

Dragk913

Broke Supra Owner
Dec 26, 2006
South Houston, Texas
www.myspace.com
Ok, so my car has been having trouble starting lately. It cranks fine but doesn't like to actually start. I have to crank the engine for 5-6seconds before everything finally catches and gets going.

I've run a vacuum leak test and everything was fine and I've checked wires and it all seems to be fine; so I figured it had to be something with fuel/ignition.
I tested the igniter/coil and the primary coil resistance read 0.5-0.6, rather than 0.24-0.30. Then I tested the secondary coil resistance and I got 0.0, rather than 9.2-12
[Igniter page: http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=IG&P=9]

Could someone tell me if the secondary coil resistance reading 0.0 could make the car not want to start?

I plan on changing the fuel filter and the pump too.

Sorry about the long read but hopefully the info will help someone help me.

Last edited:

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
ive seen coils test bad but not be bad.

why change the fuel filter and pump? unless you know this to be a problem you are just throwing parts at it.

jumper +B and Fp in the diag box. see if it makes starting any easier.

it may be something as easy as the cold start injector/circuit or just the cps plug/wiring loose.

Dragk913

Broke Supra Owner
Dec 26, 2006
South Houston, Texas
www.myspace.com
dbsupra90 said:
ive seen coils test bad but not be bad.

why change the fuel filter and pump? unless you know this to be a problem you are just throwing parts at it.

jumper +B and Fp in the diag box. see if it makes starting any easier.

it may be something as easy as the cold start injector/circuit or just the cps plug/wiring loose.

I was gonna change the filter because I don't think it's ever been changed and the car has over 160k miles. I don't really have a reason for getting a new fuel pump besides as a precautionary measure and I wanted a new one.

After talking with a friend of mine I think my problem might just be the FPR and in the next couple of days I'm gonna get one that should work better.