Starter solenoid will not engage

D-Supra

Apr 6, 2012
Independence, Mo.
7M GE to GTE swap and starter solenoid will not engage. I have been searching and reading for hours and have not found any solutions.
I have tried the following:

swapped batteries to eliminate voltage issue
verified starter and solenoid is in working order
done the starter relay mod
interior and lights have power
relay clicks in passenger kick panel
I am not getting voltage to solenoid wire

Any ideas/help would be appreciated

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Start tracking where you get power. I assume that you have power at the ignition switch. Check connectivity power to start (TSRM page BE-15)

If the ignition switch is working correctly, check the neutral start switch (auto) or the clutch switch (manual). If those are okay, check the relay for the theft deterrent system (USA only, not applicable for Canadian models)

There aren't that many places for this to go wrong.

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
I know its obvious saying this but Double check the main ground. If it has power, but an unreliable ground it wont snap. I had my block ground work lose after a rebuild did the same thing. I got under it and wrenched down the ground, and happy days

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
If you hear the actual starter relay clicking, then that means the signal is successfully going from the key to the relay, and triggering the coil side of it.
The next step is to see if there is power on the other pin of the relay(high amperage input). If there is, then the relay may be bad.