start up problems

MK3_Turbo

JZZ31
Mar 31, 2005
Arkansas
www.myspace.com
well this aint happenin to my supra but to my buddy's...he got a 87 Turbo.
he's recently put his MHG on and purchased a LEx AFM and Venom 550's (USED not new), he installed everything and got the timing all good and etc... but when he tried to start it, it wouldn't...it'll turn over but not start up. he thought it might be the CSI and he changed it out but it still wont start..got any ideas??:icon_conf

LoveMy7MGTE

Nov 24, 2005
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
92turbo4life said:
check how much spark your getting?

I had same problem with my 87 turbo after a bhg repair. Check to mkae sure the CPS is installed perfect, and theres the 4 wires (2 red or green. not sure which cuz im colorblind, and 2 white) that bolt to the intake manifold. Make sure these are bolted down tight. When I had this problem I had very intermitent spark, not sure if your buddys symptoms are the same

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
LoveMy7MGTE said:
I had same problem with my 87 turbo after a bhg repair. Check to mkae sure the CPS is installed perfect, and theres the 4 wires (2 red or green. not sure which cuz im colorblind, and 2 white) that bolt to the intake manifold. Make sure these are bolted down tight. When I had this problem I had very intermitent spark, not sure if your buddys symptoms are the same

im pretty sure there is a spark problem....
then again when am i wrog:naughty:

LoveMy7MGTE

Nov 24, 2005
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
92turbo4life said:
im pretty sure there is a spark problem....
then again when am i wrog:naughty:
Thats what I said, when i was having spark problems though, it was because my CPS was slightly off, and those wires I mentioned wern't completly tightened down

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
after checking my plugs once i had the same problem. i rechecked all the connections and unhooked the battery to clear the puter and it ran just fine after that. i say double check everything. somthing might not have connected too well.

MK3_Turbo

JZZ31
Mar 31, 2005
Arkansas
www.myspace.com
yeah he had startin problems when he dropped in this 7m...but he manage to get up and runnin that time...but this time it happened again.

hey 92turbo4life are you from Team Dragst@??

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
no i am not. is that the team with the other teal and the black 89. if so the teal is shane and he is on sf his name is tealmetallicdream and we live within 10 miles. 2 teals 10 miles and 197 of them lol. the ricer i baught my car from used to live within 20 blocks. 2 teals 20 blocks 197 lol..

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
damn. me and shane met once. i was cruisin gratiot with my dad and he was driving and this explorer comes next us and goes my boy has the same car as you ,im like ok. nott bieleving it then they tell us to go to kmart so we go to a uturn thing to cross the street and pull next to him and are reactions and facial expressions were great.. he goes holy shit!!!!! we chated for 10 minutes swapped numbers and we cruised for an hour and he was roasting little imports.lol i did to except a hhonda hatch turbo it was fast but shane got him.. now we talk on sf untill it gets hot and i get my license next tuesday so i wil be talking and i want to talk to stevevang and maybe get my car modded. shanes car is as clean as mine. both of are cars are amazing.....
cant wait to cruise again and maybe go to a meet and put these 2 badboys sidebyside..

MK3_Turbo

JZZ31
Mar 31, 2005
Arkansas
www.myspace.com
yeah steve vang isn't in Michigan anymore...he moved down here to Tulsa, OK. he buildin up his cousin's 89t(well my cousin too) here in Arkansas. I almost got a green 92t like yours too...there was one for sale a while back with 55k miles on it..in Wisconsin(where i use to live)...but i didn't have my license back then..plus it was for sale for $8,000(too much for me) . my dad liked it alot the body was in eexcellent condition and everything. oh well i got my 89t now...i'm happy.

well my buddy with the start up problems got his 87t started up...it was the CPS...thanks for the help.

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
92turbo4life your alittle young to be driving such a nice quick car. since you don't even have your license yet. you might want to go to driving school. inexpierance and fast cars don't mix, and we sure wouldn't want to see anything happen to that rare beautiful mkiii. so good luck and don't disapoint us.