START ME UP!

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Well... after a long hiatus from motorvation... the car is once again running...

HOWEVER, there seems to be a distant memory of STARTING ISSUES from over half-a-decade ago when she was last on the road! I couldn't remember if I ever DID replace the starter, or whatnot... so I threw another in to make sure that wasn't it.

SAFETY FIRST!!!:evil5:

(You would have to be a BONE-HEAD not to do this for a starter swap!)

p707796_1.jpg

p707796_2.jpg

^^^ DAMN!!! I forgot how much I hated doing this thing!

p707796_3.jpg

^ There's the one (middle of photo) that is ALOT easier if the little "nut-lock" do-hickey is STILL INTACT! (Mine is NOT... DOH!:cry: )

p707796_4.jpg

^ This bugger is not so bad.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

...somewhere in there, those came off...

p707796_5.jpg

AND VIOLA! It DROPS out into your hand!

(Install is a "piece of cake"...................................... NOT!:icon_conf )

...anyway... did the "inverse" and wrenched some arm, collar, shoulder, neck, back, and I think a HEART MUSCLE...

But it all went in and the car starts...

...unfortunately... my problem appears to be more CHARGING related. (Actually, DISCHARGING. DOH!)

I hate it when a shop does a full alternator test and charging system assessment, then gives me the "thumbs up"... only to find this may not be the case!

Still working through the charging issue. Perhaps another opportunity to take more pics and post a relatively worthless thread?:nono:

-crisp

CACressida

The Cressida Whore!
Feb 19, 2007
Modesto, CA
If your getting thumbs up, then your definetly getting charge. Think to yourself, Are you sure its a charging issue? Have you checked your battery lately? The connectors can go bad too.

I dunno, my 2cents.