Stand alone suggestions.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
For 1200 you can get the New MS3Pro. Flex fuel, boost on board, knock control, traction control, afr protection, registered versions of Tuner Studio and Megalog Viewer. The autotune feature Tuner Studio is down right awesome. Once your AFR table is set, within 2 hours of driving, my trims were within 3% and light boost boost was tuned.

I switched from a series 2 to the Pro and have never regretted it.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
AEM stand alone is not geared towards the new tuner. Its more of a my car starts, put on a trailer and take to dyno type of ems. For new users theres lots of features and to many windows to mess things up. Megasquirt is just as capable, if not more than series 2. Its actually along the lines of the Infinity. What makes it stand out is the autotune feature. AEM does not have that at all, and tech believes there is no need for it since it should be tuned on a dyno. I enjoy driving my cars, and after some changes, I can retune the whole vacuum map and light boost, then work with the datalogs to tune the wot stuff, then just reassure the tune on the dyno and see what kind of numbers the car puts down.