stand alone ecu

my7mgte527

ill b honest im trying to get the one that will benifit me the most i own my own company building engines and stuff like that but the issue is idk which one is worth getting more i keep hearing haltech and pro efi has sumthing but i kno haltech has been around a bit longer and i would have gotten the aem ems but the issue is thats discontinued

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Could look for a used one.

There is also mega squirt 3. You build it yourself and can basically make it do anything you want and run your own harness.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya there in that link. Still have to run harness tho. And still cheaper than most other ones.

Tho the aems are nice cause there pnp.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
There just Honda v2 aem repinned. Atleast for the 1jz they are as they use te same plugs.

For 7m might just have like a patch harness.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
I like it because it's plug in play and all you need is a map sensor and air temp sensor. And for less then $1300 its still miles ahead of a piggy back system

my7mgte527

im using on my ma70 a front face intake boss sr turbo 3'' exhaust 750 cc injecters 75 shot nitrus full forged bottom end bully set stage 2 clutch pretty much a worked engine.... i am trying to find the right plug n play please let me kno what options are available bc this engine is getting set up to take out alot of competition

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
Turbo Habanero;1838251 said:
I like it because it's plug in play and all you need is a map sensor and air temp sensor. And for less then $1300 its still miles ahead of a piggy back system

Less than 1300? Where? I paid 1800 for mine a couple of months ago and I was lucky to get one because of them being discontinued. I hope aem continues software support for them!

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Hotwheelsjr;1838339 said:
Less than 1300? Where? I paid 1800 for mine a couple of months ago and I was lucky to get one because of them being discontinued. I hope aem continues software support for them!

Yup and its the new v2 version.

Driftmotion has it in the works but we have to wait for the post 89 version.

He has the pre 89 already finished I believe