stalling when rpms drop fast

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
BryanDyer;1933252 said:
well I have noticed that it has seemed to have become "richer" I guess you could or is running more rich now and I was wondering if this could be due to a faulty o2 sensor thinking it's to lean or something so it's richening the af mixture?

do you have a wideband? what are your cruise and wot afrs? what is your idle AFR? how is your vf signal at idle and 2500 rpm cruise?

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
no...no wideband...and yeah know I should get one so I can read the ratio more accurately..
but I have an afr guage and it's about half way into the "rich" section and I can smell gas while driving

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
If your fuel pressure is that high with the hose on then it's makeing it run way to Rich. It's doing the sane thing a vented bov would do. Let off the throttle running rich and stalls the engine

Vented bov does sane thing. Afm not seeing any air going back to it when you let off so it feeds more fuel to try to keep the engine running and stalls it.

Do you have a wideband?

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
BryanDyer;1933295 said:
no...no wideband...and yeah know I should get one so I can read the ratio more accurately..
but I have an afr guage and it's about half way into the "rich" section and I can smell gas while driving

No wideband but you have an AFR gauge?

How is your VF signal while driving?

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
my stupid afr gauge doesn't have any numbers
all it has is lean stoich and rich and it goes about half way into the rich no numbers just lights ill post a pic later when I get home

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
BryanDyer;1933547 said:
my stupid afr gauge doesn't have any numbers
all it has is lean stoich and rich and it goes about half way into the rich no numbers just lights ill post a pic later when I get home

That's a narrow band. IIRC you can hook that up to read your VF signal, as I believe it reads 0-5v which is what the VF signal outputs.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
ok so I fixed the running rich problem reset the fuel pressure to the tsrm spec with the vac hose off but as I posted in an earlier thread about it burnin oil it still is
I checked all the plugs yesterday and plug one was wet as if the valve cover gasket was bad and luckily I had a brand new one laying around so I replaced that
now after driving it today I'm still burning it I have payed close attention and it seems to be on take of if I let it idle long enough or give it enough gas on take off and when you let off the throttle and the vaccum is negative (decelerating)
could that be a pcv problem? I haven't done a compression test yet but I really hope it isn't my rings :p