Stacking Strut tower Brace and Master Cylinder Brace

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Yea Poo, I kinda agree. Ther TRD looks a lot nicer. Seen a few on the boards and e-bay but they bring a stupid amount of money IMO. The Greddy STB will match nicely with my JDM Greddy Trusc I/C and my TD06-SH tho.... dont't ya think?
I guess I'm gonna have to put a big ole Greddy sticker on my windshield to be officially "pimp" when all is said and done. LOL

Wes PM'd me and says the bolts can be removed but it's a bitch to do so. Maybe taking the two peices to my machine shop up the skreet and have them cobble the two peiced together.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
I don't know what the difference is here, unless the bolt on the TEIN is longer? , but here is a pic of my brace along with the CUSCO bar.

p1511922_1.jpg

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
take em to Reid at Supernatural Turbos in Pelham. behind dirt bike supply
he's a machine when it comes to welding/Fabrication.
just my .02
pm me for his # if you wanna call

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
Bring it by the garage...we'll get it in there lol.

As for Reid, it's getting harder and harder to get a hold of him...I know people Pat, lol.

Why are you adding weight? Didn't get the hint huh?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
i just dont get how your studs are so small.

i got enough room for another nut on top with a strut bar mounted on.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
Bring it Monday when Eric bring his S2K and we will take a look at it, I got plenty of JB Weld for ya.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
The MCB's are pretty thick, I have one on my 92, and it fit different than when it was on my 89...

when it was on my 89, the bolt wouldn't touch the brake cylinder, even when fully extended. I bought a longer bolt from Wes, but I never fit it on my 89..

but on my 92 it fits perfect with plenty of extra thread left, so there may be a design change that we're not aware of..

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
RazoE;1512163 said:
The MCB's are pretty thick, I have one on my 92, and it fit different than when it was on my 89...

when it was on my 89, the bolt wouldn't touch the brake cylinder, even when fully extended. I bought a longer bolt from Wes, but I never fit it on my 89..

but on my 92 it fits perfect with plenty of extra thread left, so there may be a design change that we're not aware of..

Did the 89 have ABS brakes?

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
hvyman;1512259 said:
lol. duct tape nor jb weld should never be used other than a temp solution to get you home.

I use duct tape to make my IC piping stronger, I just wrap the couplers in it.

So Pat...is the STB gonna help your car get out and about, or is it still hiding with it's tail between it's legs?

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
A GT with Intercooloer piping???? You "nut huggers" are striving to be like supra's every day aren't ya? I guess you now need a BOV too huh?

As for my tail being tucked between my legs.... Let me remind you of some cinematography your buddy filmed a few months ago...
For those of you that cant tell from thre dark video, that is what a Supra beat-down looks like from the passenger window of a a so called "Modded GT".... Yes, those are MKIII talilights pulling away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR_tkqwxZ0c

This thread digressed.... but is't full of some good solutions, call-outs, some smack and even some trolling - LOL
I will hopefully update with before and after pics of the solution maybe this weekend.

Last edited:

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Marcy Auto Sells Some unique Strut bar Mod Products. Essentially it looks as They Did as IJ Said by Removing the stock pieces and Replacing them With A Similar welded brace in order to stack (Torque Dampeners, Chassis Bars, And Heat shields) Looking at there parts list is Kind of inspiring to Craft my own mounts in an attempt to replicate some of the parts in order to cut costs because it looks very easy.

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
I be running that Greddy BOV, you know me. Don't you worry, I'm sure we will have another video soon with some changes...such as FI vs FI?