SS braided line from clutch master to slave cylinder????

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
Hey guys, I remember a while back one of the MK4 guys used a single 40"+ braided line that ran from his clutch master cylinder all he way down to his slave cylinder.

Does anyone know where I can get a line that long with -3AN female fittings at both ends?

Any help is appreciated!

blkt72

Aug 14, 2005
Dayton, Ohio
itr.00-1282 said:
Hey guys, I remember a while back one of the MK4 guys used a single 40"+ braided line that ran from his clutch master cylinder all he way down to his slave cylinder.

Does anyone know where I can get a line that long with -3AN female fittings at both ends?

Any help is appreciated!

Just make it. Making braided lines is pretty easy. Mind you, for that application you'll want to use teflon line and fittings. They cost a little more but they're definitely needed in that application.

I like Summit Racing for buying my parts, great prices and fast shipping. Brandwise I'd recommend Aeroquip. Here's a link to the hose you need:

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...&N=700+4294923289+4294782995+115&autoview=sku

and the fittings:

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...AER-FBM1100&N=700+4294923377+115&autoview=sku

And you'll need -3AN adapters for whatever the metric threads on the master and slave are. Don't know the answer there, easy search but I'm lazy and need another beer.

Asterix

Lurker of Power
Mar 31, 2005
Vienna, VA
Putting ends on teflon hose is rather harder than your run-of-the-mill rubber oil hose. The hose is much more difficult to work with. Pegasus has 36" pre-made hoses for $20. If you need that extra 4", they may make custom ones. If you do want to assemble your own, Pegasus sells a flaring mandrel for the hose to separate the braid from the tube; it's $23.50. Obviously, if you're doing lots, it's worth it. Otherwise, just buy the one hose already assembled and tested.

Asterix

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Why not just use a SS clutch line specifically made for the supra? I've got one, they're cheaper than any of those, and they replace the soft line in the clutch system...

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
not sure why you'd do this. there is a bit of flex in teflon line....so you'd be adding a bit of squish to the clutch line. just get a short piece of braid for the stock rubber line....