SRT-4 full bolt ons

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Never done any racing on the street before but this happened so I might as well share it.

I had just fixed my car after it had been broken for a month. So needless to say I was having a little too much fun. I got noticed by a newish SRT and coasted past me. I heard the distinct sound of straight pipes and BOV.

It actually looked pretty good for a neon. It was wingless, silver and had 17 or 18 inch black wheels. I found out later that my friend knows the owner and the car very well. It has a front mount and other mods. Not sure what the boost is set at. He says it runs 13.1 at the track with slicks.

So anyways, I followed him through traffic pretty slowly until he quickly turned onto a 4 lane wide one way street. The street was completely empty and he was stopped at a red light. I pull up on his right and look over. He glanced at me then looked straight ahead. I wait....then the light turns green.

Neither of us launch and spin the tires, but as soon as we are moving, we both punch it. I pull about a fender in front through first, hit second and the back steps out slightly. I pedal it a bit and by the end of second I had roughly a car or so lead. Shift hard into third and I pull another car or so. Now we are approaching another traffic light so we slow down. VICTORY!!!

After the race, we drove along in traffic talking. I was ecstatic because I didn't think I really had a chance. My car is just DDP, full 3inch echaust, intake and 10 lbs. It was a great race and what made it all the better was I had my roof out and all the windows down. I got to hear it all.

Cliffs: Raced a bolt on SRT-4 in my bolt on Supra. Won by a few lengths. Woo hoo.

Last edited:

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
through first, hit second and the back steps out slightly. I pedal it a bit and by the end of second I had roughly a car or so lead. Shift hard into third and I pull another car or so.

there i fixed it for ya

lol btw nice kill i have a tard in an srt4 around here that hasnt got beat yet b/c he always races all the slow mustang gt's with crappy drivers and he wont race an evo 7 or 8 but says that he will easly take them both and all he haz is a 2.5in exhaust and a foam filter

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've outran a few srt's. There's one I haven't had the pleasure of racing yet, and he's supposedly a bad ass with everything on it you can get. Mine is currently undergoing a 1jz swap though. I should have raced him earlier before this swap. I doubt my 1jz will beat him, but I don't know. I guess we will see later...............good kill.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Whats funny is that SRT won't last half as long as our mark 3's unless he rebuilds it a few times, chrysler = low quality, low life expectancy.

GOOD KILL AND REMEBER BOOST = FUN, BOOBS = FUN, BOMBS = FUN, BUT BOB DOES not = FUN.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
suprahero said:
I've outran a few srt's. There's one I haven't had the pleasure of racing yet, and he's supposedly a bad ass with everything on it you can get. Mine is currently undergoing a 1jz swap though. I should have raced him earlier before this swap. I doubt my 1jz will beat him, but I don't know. I guess we will see later...............good kill.

Good kill Bladz!:bigthumb: I've only had the pleasure of killing one so far :icon_bigg (on the freeway)
Suprahero; R u kidding me?! You will asbsolutely rape an SRT4, w/ a 1JZ Supra!!!:boink: Remember, Duane S. whooped my 7M powered Sup, w/ his brothers rhd 1JZ...on the freeway,:icon_mad: at a 50mph roll-on, to about 100-110mph.:icon_surp

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I hope so, but I was making 406 to the wheels in my 7m. I just ended up with a little knocking noise after a year and a half on the stock motor with 167000 miles. I'm not disappointed in the 7mgte, but I really want a change............lol

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Thanks for the comments guys.I was quite happy with how the car ran. Im so glad I didnt just spin the damn tires. I wonder how I wouls stack up againt the newer Mustangs. I guess only time will tell.

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
Nice Kill a friend of mine has one I've never raced him with the supra. His Srt-4 is nice 460+whp runs low 13's, completely stock exterior, real sleeper running 22 lbs.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
srt4s are built pretty stout from the factory so i wouldn't worry about it haveing to manny problems the bottom end is from one of there decels

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
ah comon srt4's arent that bad.... lol.

Ive seen a few, they are decently quick for what they are. :D
Nice kill catch it on video next time! lol. I saw one around here some where of a srt-4 getting raped by a maroon one.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
The srt owners in my town get too pedal happy with their unadjusted bov's, they'll be tapping the gas through a parking lot just to make that PSH PSH PSH PSH PSH every 2 seconds at like 1200 rpm.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
^ With turbo inlets O <-- that big you can boost with the car off for that matter. My cousin has one. Its pretty fast, i've beaten a few cars in it before but i'm going to see if he'll race me once my engine swap is complete.