Squishy bouncy Brakes.....

Misty Johnson

Mar 4, 2012
Ava MO
Ok so After reading the VERY informative article on the home page about all the brake myths I have decided I either did not comprehend an answer or maybe I did not find my answer...either way here it goes.

PROBLEM:
Brakes are mushy....have to pump them to get the correct response I am looking for, which is in fact to STOP! Also, they are quite bouncy as if they are grabbing and letting go.....maybe the rotors need turned?!?!

WHAT I DID TO CORRECT SAID PROBLEM:
Bled Brake Lines, took off master cylinder and bench bled it. Then bought new Master Cylinder and put it on, bench bleeding it of course.

PROBLEM:
Please see Original Problem as it has not been resolved :/

Any Suggestions? I am new to owning a supra and while I understand some vehicles braking systems are not as nice as others, However,I sure hope that due to the cars size and weight I would hope that the braking system would be much more responsive!

Thanks
:nono:

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
was there air in the lines? could be the rubber lines starting to go and need replacing. id look for wet lines. try re bleeding and see if you get more air.

also they will grab and let go, that the ABS doing its job.

Misty Johnson

Mar 4, 2012
Ava MO
Thank you guys for all your helpful information.........I will keep ya updated as to what works or if it works this week...right now got too many urns in the fire ;)