sputter/hesitation after intercooler install

turbotom

supra_7mgte
Nov 1, 2005
Indiana
most likely MAF unless you have boost leak but that is a relatively easy fix If it does not run under boost then can be the recirculation valve but my guess is that MAF cleaning did you in they are delicate

jetjock;1286581 said:
What 3p said about cleaning. And you should have unplugged it and driven the car to be sure it was the problem...

i would have done that but one time when i was in a rush, i checked the air filter and forgot to reconnect it again, the car won't go above 2k rpm's it hits 2k and then cuts the power till it drops about 500 or 1000 rpms, don't remember how much it drops but anyway it won't run in the rpm range that im having issues with.

first off thank you everyone for responding to this, yes it was the MAF, i spoke to the guy some more, he didn't use a cleaning solution but instead used compressed air and that still messed it up, but i got the new one and its running great so once again thanks for all the help.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Hacki_sack_kid;1292030 said:
first off thank you everyone for responding to this, yes it was the MAF, i spoke to the guy some more, he didn't use a cleaning solution but instead used compressed air and that still messed it up, but i got the new one and its running great so once again thanks for all the help.

It couldn't have been the MAF. It could have been the AFM though. Congrats on fixing it. Did he pay for his screw up?