spun bearing

hornet7288

Oct 18, 2005
Savannah, GA
Well I just found out my gte spun the number 3 bearing. Here comes a rebuild...........awesome. Hoping that the crank isn't so bad that a machine shop can't fix it.

Any ideas why this happened?

hornet7288

Oct 18, 2005
Savannah, GA
Sucks...almost have it all that way taken apart. Can't wait to get it back on the road. Just have to get the crank to a machine shop to see if they can clean it up.

hornet7288

Oct 18, 2005
Savannah, GA
One of the only things I have left to remove the crank is to get the timing belt sprocket off of the crank. It looks like the sprocket has two threaded holes so that I could use my harmonic balancer puller instead of prying it off. None of the bolts that my puller kit came with are the right size. I was wondering if anybody knew the right width, length and pitch for the bolts so that I could use the puller to remove the sprocket.

Thanks!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Yes, use your puller to remove that pulley. I pried mine and broke the outside "guide ring" clean off. I'm not sure of the bolt size though. Just grab your bucket of nuts and bolts and see which one fits good. Then take that bolt to the hardware store, use the thread checker, and get a length that will work for you.

hornet7288

Oct 18, 2005
Savannah, GA
Ok sweet. I will try both of those sizes. I tried looking around for spare bolts, but I couldn't find one that would fit. I'll just go get an assortment at the hardware store. Would much rather use a puller to remove it vs prying it off.