Spring Question

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Hey! Ive been reading your section and this you truely are a great assit to this community, and have provided many answers and information to questions which we all have! So with that said, ive got jsut one quick question, and i may sound like an idiot, and foolish, but here we go :)

I purchased my car with brand new struts on stock springs, and jsut bought some lowering springs (Aerospeed) for her. I installed them and it only seemed to lower that car in the rear..... *MAYBE* half an inch IF that in the front. But around and inch in the rear. Im trying to think if i could have done something wrong here and maybe even put the wrong springs in the front :doh:

The stock ones i took out, the fronts looked very even, top to bottom, and very cylinder looking. The rears seemed to be more fat in the middle. OK, so i match the new springs jsut like that.

Did i maybe install them wrong? Ive done suspension on a few cars, but i jsut dont understand the weird lowering stance....

Thanks for any help, and let me know if i need to clarify anything! I also havnt driven the car with them yet....

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
I thought the springs had physically different mounting front and rear. So the front springs should not fit in the same perch as the rear springs. I may be wrong because I have never messed with the stock suspension on these thing. But I can check tomorrow, I still have the stock stuff around here somewhere.

Tim

rigle1818

Jan 11, 2008
Attleboro, MA
The front and rear springs a very different looking so I doubt you installed them wrong. Its more likely that the springs you bought just don't lower the car that much.