3.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 2826117933_3477d69c52_o.jpg
    2826117933_3477d69c52_o.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 35

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
That looks like light painting.... You take a long exposure shot, and "paint" the bits you want brighter than the rest of the shot, either with a torch, or with a flash, depending on the area you need to light...

the guys who are really dedicated to doing this sorta stuff, usually take 4 or 5 torches with them on a shoot as well as a couple of flashes...

You could probably achieve something similar in photoshop by properly lighting the shot, and then artificially darkening the parts you wanted to hide, but doing it properly is way cooler :)

(lots of fun with trial and error type stuff)

mk3

Apr 11, 2008
Australia
lol just tried it with my flood lights on stands...dident work out lol. ah well ill keep trying with different methods

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
try it with handheld lights... you get better control over where the light goes that way.....

and.... you'll find if you do it for 3 shots, you'll get 3 different results, just depending on how long you hold the light over each part of the shot, so keep trying :)

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
You CAN do that with handheld torches, but both look like they were done with flashes.

The first one, the light was directly above the car, and about 20* to the right. You can see the harshes white areas on the car, showing from what direction the light was coming from.

The second one has 2 light sources: One flash fired directly at the front of the car, looks to be about 3-5' in the air. I'm not sure if the side of the car is lit by another flash, ambient lighting, bounce card, or what..but there is def something providing some light to the side of the car.