spooling turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
My quesiton is why the hell do you want boost without a load on your motor? Why would you want to boost out of gear?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
ATL88Supra;1152226 said:
its cause its not a Duel BB turbo, the CT is a jurnle baring turbo, so there is more restence

did nobody see wtf this guy typed....

resistance... if your going to talk about turbos, and how they work, learn to spell the words first.

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Rennat;1152316 said:
did nobody see wtf this guy typed....

resistance... if your going to talk about turbos, and how they work, learn to spell the words first.

dude no need to get short with me, he wanted to know why it did not spin at idle and i fucking told him why, and i am so sorry i did not spell correctly for YOU

take a fucking chill pill.

oh, and i know how turbos fucking work, you try spinning the wheel on a after market Duel BB turbo then spin a CT 26..

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The funny fact of all this is that the turbo DOES spool even when free reving. A sensative BOV will goes off because there is still going to be a pressure wave from the turbo.

You won't build positive pressure though...

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Yeap..You usually cant hear the turbo spool when free revving..Doesnt matter if its a DBB or not..

The srt4 comment is correct.. I had a friend with one and that damn thing would blow off when he was barely revving it reversing out of a parking space.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Ugh. This thread is terrible.

The turbo doesn't spool at idle for several reasons.

1) It's not the size of my pinky fingernail, like many DSM, nissan, srt-4 turbos are.

2) There's no load on the motor, and since the turbo is larger than the aforementioned turbos, it will not spool significantly unless there's load on the motor (IE: driving, on a dyno, or two-step)

3) Why are you revving the piss out of the motor at idle anyhow? Parkinglot wars? Showing off?

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
turbos dont spool much when revving in neutral because its not the "air" that spins the turbo its expanding exaust gasses- you pump a lot more fuel(and air) in your engine under load. how much do you gotta push down on the pedal to redline your car in neutral compared to 4th gear lets say???? think about it.

what is this two-stepping??

88-7MGTE

shaeff;1152614 said:
Ugh. This thread is terrible.

The turbo doesn't spool at idle for several reasons.

1) It's not the size of my pinky fingernail, like many DSM, nissan, srt-4 turbos are.

2) There's no load on the motor, and since the turbo is larger than the aforementioned turbos, it will not spool significantly unless there's load on the motor (IE: driving, on a dyno, or two-step)

3) Why are you revving the piss out of the motor at idle anyhow? Parkinglot wars? Showing off?

X2 i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.