Spoiler Removal

p j

Mar 31, 2005
Detroit
Hey all,

I'm removing the antenna for repairs and am in the process of removing the side piece of the spoiler. It's dark now so I have to continue tomorrow but before I do, anyone have a good way to get that bitch of a hold-down off? (The little plastic PITA that holds down the stud on the spoiler from the inside of the trunk area)

Just wondering if anyone has any insight. If not I'll just continue bangin away at it tomorrow :icon_smil

-Paul

$pecialk91Turbo

Apr 10, 2005
Tampa
I actually cracked my spoiler piece trying to pry it off. :( I think the best way is to remove the interior of the hatch and push them out from the bottom. PITA

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
When I get my new car first thing that's going is the wing, if I get the one I'm looking at I need to find someone with a maroon NA that wants a wing. Then I could just trade hatches with them and be done with it instead of having to fill the holes.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
well...my car is an 89 NA from the factory and somehow it picked up an 88T wing somehow......It looks like crap now and I like the look of the Supra without the wing, after seeing a local guy do it.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Jeff Lange said:
Spoiler = better.

Don't like the MK3 without the spoiler. 89+ is teh hawt.

i love the MK3 without a spoiler, but it has to have 89+ tails, pre89 front, and a hatch visor.

IF i ever get a spoiler, it'd be a bomex whale tail, or a stock 89+, personally i like the 89+ spoilers, but since i only need the tails to complete my mission, i'm staying wingless:)

-shaeff

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
shaeff said:
i love the MK3 without a spoiler, but it has to have 89+ tails, pre89 front, and a hatch visor.
-shaeff

EXACTLY. one of my next projects is a 1988 with no wing, switcing to a hatch
visor, and a really deep dish set of 18's And tan leather interior, and jade green
exterior.