spiders in mazda 6?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Fuck that. Now for sure i will never buy a mazda. Its not like i was before but this confirmed it.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Cause a crack in the fuel tank? I think not... Only thing I can think of that would happen is the car would lean out, burn out the fuel pump, ect. Also, last I knew all gas caps allowed air in (not out). Sounds like a crock of shit that some "expert" came up with...

It's just as likely they could do this to any other car (including ours)

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Talking post '96 cars here...Not sure how mazda does it, but toyota gas caps are not designed to let air in or out. The evap system takes all these duties.

Also they build their nests in the charcoal canister vent line, has nothing to do with the actual fuel delivery system.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Funny, never heard anything about it being a fire hazard on the news tonight, only that it's a recall. Still think it's crap reporting.

Yep, it's the vent line for the evap system, it has nothing to do with the actual fuel system of the car. Technicly it's emissions... (yet again, dumbass reporting)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Now... to tell this to my Mazda3 driving girlfriend or not... hmm.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1682274 said:
Not effected ;)

Yeah, but she is NOT a fan of spiders. I'm not really either, although we had a black widow as a shop pet once, long ago...

She heard about it anyway, wasn't nearly as concerned as I would have figured.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
iMike_G.;1683646 said:
lol my aunt has a mazda 6 any one kno the year this happened to.. why does every one diss on mazda? lol

According to the article, only 2009 and 2010 cars equipped with the 4 cylinder, no v6 cars have been affected yet:

"It's unclear why this particular spider -- the yellow sac spider -- seems to prefer the model year 2009 and 2010 Mazda6, company spokesman Jeremy Barnes said. All modern cars have the same type of equipment."

As for dissing on Mazda, I don't know. At least they still make reasonably fun to drive cars (Miata, RX8, Mazdaspeed variants of the 3 and 6). I only *wish* I could say the same about Toyota these days...

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Spiders are bastards. So are mice, wasps, caterpillars... and anything else that thinks a car makes a good place to live.

You would not believe the number of mud wasp nests I had to clean out of my supra while I was building it. They were EVERYWHERE.

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
destrux;1685605 said:
Spiders are bastards. So are mice, wasps, caterpillars... and anything else that thinks a car makes a good place to live.

You would not believe the number of mud wasp nests I had to clean out of my supra while I was building it. They were EVERYWHERE.

This. Insects and arachnids can take a hike. Also, rodentia is a class of vermin...probably part of the reason I enjoy my snakes as much as I do. Mice made a serious mess of my friend's Porsche 944; we even blew a carcass out of the exhaust when we started it the first time. Hit me in the leg and freaked me the fuck out.