speedometer doesnt work...

mk3supra978

Nov 9, 2010
MASS
any idea what can be the problem maybe loose wire ? bad speed sensor ? everything else the cluster works tho thanks guys !

mk3supra978

Nov 9, 2010
MASS
yes i have taken out the cluster recently but i pluged everything in its place correctly...and ok i will check the speedometer cable

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
Mine had a similar problem there's a tapered end on the speedometer end that broke off of mine I replaced it with the tip on a make your own speedo cable kit and it works fine now

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
For awhile my speedometer didn't work after I took my instrument panel off, I kinda jammed it in and figured that was why, finally got time to take it off and noticed that a wire had got wrapped around the speedometer connection on the back of the cluster, it's worth a shot to check.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I'd pull the cluster again and be sure you did nothing wrong in your previous work. If it worked before, and now it doesn't, it would make sense that maybe it didn't seat properly or something.

You will need to remove the cluster to check the cable anyway. Turn it at the top, and check that it is turning at all breaks. There is a long cable, and a short cable. And, if you are automatic, there is a small 90 degree piece that attaches it to the tranny (I have a couple of these if needed). Your problem could be in any of these pieces. Luckily, all of the breaks are in the same general area. The first break is down near the tranny support where it meets the short piece. Then the next is at the other end of the short piece. There is also a gear in the tranny where it attaches.